The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The Magician's Suitcase/Bag (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dandydimartino
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn
12 Posts

Profile of dandydimartino
P.S excuse the spelling---New glasses and I can't see the keyboard so good
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe this topic is started at the wrong end. I have found the hardest thing in magic is find the correct case or bag for your magic props.

The 1st thing is to know what tricks you want to perform. Then learn them very well by rehearsal of the whole trick. Knowing if it needs a table or can be worked totally in the hands or with a spectator holding the props.

When you have all your tricks assembled with all the bits and pieces that may be needed, lay them out on a table or the floor. Take a good look at everything, its size and shape. Some items may be very large and flat, some may be a 10" box, some may be gag prop.

Now a good performer usually must know where everything is, and be able to reach for items, and obtain them with ease. In some cases a case may not be needed at all. Everything can be on your person, what I call a Pocket Act.

Harry Anderson for examble, used an old Carpet Baggers suitcase, but he took and put items without any dead spots in his presentation.

I believe the props dictate the size of the table or bag, it is your job to make everything flow from it with ease.
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
229 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
If you are looking for Authentic Style Carpet Bags check out this site. http://www.thecarpetbagger.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The Magician's Suitcase/Bag (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL