The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wanna play a game? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
http://playspent.org/

Can you survive for a month?

(Be happy if, for you, it's only a game.)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
After playing that game, I'm glad I live in Canada.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
I would easily last a month. However the site makes assumtions about assumed problems. Example, who says you have to drive a car to get to work? My conclusion is the site is stupid.
You know why don't act naive.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm with Herb. When I played, my car was by far the most unnecessary expense--especially since I chose to live in town to avoid having to own a car. In the end, I went broke on Day 24 by having a car accident without being insured--though I didn't want a car in the first place.

For what it's worth, I haven't owned a car in 15 years. Most of you would envy my lifestyle. (Except for having my wife--but that's a long and ugly story.)
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I have more than enough money for a car, but I still ride my little 125. I am sure I would be able to do so if and when I need to. Both my wife and I got to the end of the month, guess we're cheapskates but why would you have a family pet if you can barely survive. It also assumes that you are a asingle parent and if so, why don't you share an apartment. Living like this, a thousand will disappear in no time.
It does make one aware of the difficulty many face, but it makes it sound like it only happens in America and that is what annoyed me a little.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:
(Except for having my wife--but that's a long and ugly story.)

I'm sure she isn't that tall. Smile
You know why don't act naive.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
That was the most depressing game ever. Like Francis, I'm glad I'm Canadian.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
McAllister is Canadian? What a shock.....

I didn't take the exam because
1. I am unemployed
2. I have lost my house
3. I have lost my savings
4. I do have to live on less than 1000 bucks a month and have to decide weekly between utilities, food, medication, etc.. I interviewed for a job last week, if they told me that I had it I would not be able to afford gas to get there for the week because I have to wait for my unemployment and when I get that and if I paid my gas bill I would have $20 left over for food, fuel for the car, etc..

So I shan't play because I do not find poverty to be entertaining.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Santa, you're exempt. For you, it's not a game.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wanna play a game? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL