The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The forgotten films of Hardeen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
Here's one that took a fair amount of leg-work, and I still only scratched the surface. Still, I think this is interesting stuff, and I think it might open the door to future discoveries. Enjoy. And please share any additional info here or in the Comments section.

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2011/02/......een.html
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Worked with Hardeen's grandson demoing at the Magic Mansion in Vegas in the late 90's (after it moved out of Circus Circus). It was eerie looking at him every day because of the strong family resemblance to Great-Uncle, or is it Grand Uncle. Now I have to think back to if he ever taught me a move or trick so I can use "trained by Houdini's nephew" in my publicity material.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I always wondered if he was in the Hellzapoppin film. He of course was in the stage production, so I just assumed he was. It's a shame he was never in film.
John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
John -- That's pretty cool!

mtpascoe -- I know, it's a real shame he isn't in the film.
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
houdinisghost
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of houdinisghost
To John McLaughlin,
The Hardeen grandson you met was a phony, later convicted of using the late Harry Houdini Hardeen's (the real son's) Social Security # to try to start a mail order magic business.
He has been exposed many times. His real name is Donald Ferguson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The forgotten films of Hardeen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL