The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CCM by Kevin van Hoof (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hi guys,

This review has probably been typed like three times but the darn Café always refreshes the page or something and all work is done. Hopefully this time it will work.

I was given a review copy and promised to post a review once I received, read and performed some of the effects contained in this e-book.

Layout- 12 pages, black letter on beige background very nice for reading. Pictures are crystal clear and are placed when necessary.

It is only nominal, but I would like to point out that there are some grammatical errors that could be fixed but are not detrimental to the reading and understanding of the content found within the PDF.

It is important to realize that the author believes that one already has basic knowledge on effects such as double turnover, pa*m etc.

On to the contents:

1. Chewing Gum- I wasn't able to really understand where the effect, gaff construction etc. started with this trick. There is an explanation for the construction of the gum gaff and was relatively straightforward but I don't seem to like this trick too much. I was not able to understand the instructions at first so I just skipped this one. All I can see is that it is a change of a card in one of the windows for the gum but I don't really like it. It doesn't seem that visual. Maybe a demo video would help?

2. Clash Back- an effect in which a card is freely selected, magician will perform mind reading and that you will place your money on it. When magician fails, spectators picks bill and underneath is the selected card, thus the magi was actually able to find the selected card.

This is a relatively straightforward effect and is accomplished by a basic sleight and one beginners tend to shy from. He mentions where the move that he uses in the context of the routine originated but he does not explain it. I have performed this once because I am nervous that the spectator will think that he deserves the dollar because you technically were not able to read his mind. But well, to each his own. I see myself performing this only with friends or regulars that I trust that will not just take the bill.

3. Clash Back Fire

This is the same routine but uses another prop that is "Easily accessible" but I don't plan on purchasing it. I believe it has a certain visual aspect but I am not planning on spending money to purchase refills etc. Not for me but if I were to have certain prop on a special occasion I can see myself using this, why not?

4. Cachew

This is only a gaff that is presented with chewing gum which involves playing cards, but you have to create your own effect for it. Trust me, it will have ideas rolling through your head. You need basic house supplies and probably takes like maybe 5 minutes to complete. The author gives a couple of ideas to get your mind to start flowing with ideas.

Pretty cool, neat gaff. One idea presented is where one offers a piece of gum to the spectator and baam the pack changes to a deck of cards after it.

5. Menthol Traveller

This is a gum trick with playing cards but no gaff for this effect. You need a certain type of size for the gum pack but you will not have a problem finding these. It is basically a card traveling to a pack of gum on spectators hand. This one I have performed and trust me, it kills. It gets great reactions and people are just amazed by the card traveling over there.

Different variations are given but I really like the first version described. It is easy and no complicated way of performing it.

Anyways, for what this is I really liked the material and if you are into playing cards + chewing gum don't be hesitant to get this, I really liked performing some of the material on this ebook.

Any questions let me know,

Ricky
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the honest review. Everything described are rough ideas. Didn't know which one people liked or not.
Some of the effects I will rewrite and create another book in the future (without the errors)
It's my first ''ebook'' try so I think that was oké Smile

I have a movie on youtube for ''chewing gum''. Believe me if it's visual, but the routine isn't finished. Just a quick idea.
In the video I mention Rus Andrews, because he was the first to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKtpU_zccIE
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

Here is my post from you earlier thread:

CCM By Kevin Van Hoof

I received a rough layout of this PDF early last week and I have to say I was very impressed with the thought and ideas that have been put across in as far as I know Kevins first ebook.

This has some VERY creative thinking that has got my mind banging around clawing at some crazy ideas of my own.

Menthol Traveller is something I would defiantly use due to its boldness. I can see this playing very well and would look Visually Stunning to the laymen.

Overall the effects in this ebook are very cleverly thought out, and I could see some of the most creative magicians out there having their own crazy thoughts spiralling from this.

Once again a very nice a well presented ebook full of some very creative ideas

The Video clip is very visual and something I could see magicians making use of.

A joy to read

Keep up the good work Kevin.

All the best

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CCM by Kevin van Hoof (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL