The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New JOE RINDFLEISCH DVD - FRACTURE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
There will be a new finger routine DVD ... I like this kind of crazy stuff!

Joe Rindfleisch has created an amazing impromptu routine that uses no props. Using your fingers alone you can perform an impossible looking routine that will make your audiences scream as they see your fingers spin and twist into impossible and painful contortions.
The four phase routine is devastating as a routine but each phase can also be performed as a separate piece to fry and entertain your friends and onlookers.

Windup: In phase one, each of your fingers appear to spin like the hands of a clock.
Limber: In phase two, your thumb is bent to an impossible position until it breaks. You then fix it so it can be used for the rest of the routine.
Break: In phase three, your index finger is turned into right angles.
Tip Twist: In phase four, you grab the tip of your index finger and bend it to such an extreme position your audience will scream and squirm.

http://www.mymagic.com/pre-pub.htm
WALTHER
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I just did my order!
WALTHER
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I want to like this but I just don't see the awe of it...may be I'm not close enough or thinking too much like a magician
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Doesn't look that good to me. Freak by Will Houston looked much more awesome IMO.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I can't see using this with my current mix of magic. I am sure there must be an audience for this routine. With what I do, it would stick out like a sore thumb...sorry.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Was Freak 2.0 worth it? I have the first one. I like to hear about this effect from those that gasped in the audience
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I can tell you that Joe's routine is easy to do and looks fantastic close-up. I have performed "Freak" and I have performed "Fracture." I think they are different enough that each deserves its own look.

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I love that kind of tricks but I have problems to perform "Freak". It doesn't work for me. I hope that Joe Rindfleisch's "Fracture" will be my routine.
WALTHER
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Freak was a little hard on my hands too..I retract my earlier statement as I showed the trailer to my wife
And said "do you see the big deal here?"
She cringed and winced three times! Unusual for a magian's wife. You sold me Joe!
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Yeah I do not get it. Maybe they need a better demo video since I did not even SEE many of the illusions. That is, I knew what he was going for but really did not see the illusion work and some finger positions seems to be reminding me of how many people try to "take their thumb off" when they do not know how to do it.

There was one bend that looked good on the video but really I was not sure why the FFF guys dug it so much. Again, if it is the video not working they should rush rush rush to fix it since it is not selling it.
I have Fracture and while I have not mastered it have played around with that one. Fracture will look better with longer fingers and yes, it can be rough on the finger when first playing around with it.

But Magic Brent, only you know your wife but I suspect the FFF guys and your wife were reacting NOT to what they were seeing as much as the IDEA of what he was doing.

I know so many people that would cringes and wince if you do the nose cracking gag or just hold a knife to your wrist. Some people are just more easily grossed out by the thought of something than others. I could get similar reactions just by cracking my knuckles really loud. For instance the finger twist gag I just did not see the illusion. BUT if you give a room of magic guys the idea that is what you are dong they will play along. Get some good cracks in there and get a nice grown even if they really do not see it either.
Something to think about...

Having said all that, I would consider this once enough of you guys start reviewing it. Knowing some more body trick methods can come in handy. Although I really only see this as an OPENER. Its best premise is that you are warming up your fingers to perform.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I've seen Joe do this a number of times, and can tell you the illusion looks great! Reminds me of the head twister illusion.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Myster71 do you think the video demo looks as good as you have seen it live?
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I'm bias, I don't think any video does magic justice, more so in this case. If you ever get the chance to see Joe perform this live, you'll see what I mean. If you like finger illusions (and I think most people do) you''ll enjoy this.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I also saw saw this at FFFF and it looked great! Ive played around with it a few times but forgot it because being lazy not hard. Gets my vote
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
IK but the fact is I will not be seeing Joe do this live and if a straight on video of the effect does not transfer the effect than not sure how live can. For instance, in the video demo ther is a straight on shot of him, from what I can tell, twisiting each finger around 360. While I assuemed that was what the illusion should have been I just did not see it.
I would assume the illusion would work either way but after seeing some bad lighting work on Jumper I was trying to be fair that maybe the lighting or camera work does not do the effect justice.
But the example I mentioned was close enough I should have been able to see the illusion.
I am not really sure how the frist row or two at FFF wher the demo shows was filmed really could "see" this rather than make assumptions of what was being done.

I wil wait until somone selling this for $10 on the Café Smile

Quote:
On 2011-03-12 14:59, mystre71 wrote:
I'm bias, I don't think any video does magic justice, more so in this case. If you ever get the chance to see Joe perform this live, you'll see what I mean. If you like finger illusions (and I think most people do) you''ll enjoy this.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is there a release date yet?
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
The release date is mid-march.
WALTHER
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Perhaps one of the poorest demos I've ever seen. You can't see what's supposed to be happening.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I received my DVD and I like it very much!
WALTHER
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New JOE RINDFLEISCH DVD - FRACTURE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL