The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Is there such thing as a water pour... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dominicc
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of dominicc
Just curious - is there an effect out there, that anyone knows of, which is similar to a salt pour, however the magician produces water, or any other liquid, from their 'bare hands'...

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Dom.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, you can get the fountain effect that is sold by Bev Bergeron in conjunction with his Multiplying Bottle effect. You can buy his manuscript for $150.00.

Go here: http://bevbergeron.com/manuscripts.html

Water tricks are very old school, and most magicians do not want to work with the mess it creates.

Many of these acts were designed to be performed with that being the only trick shown at the appearence. Vaudeville days, performers did not have to do an hour show. Or for large theater shows, they had curtains that separated the tricks and the stage could be set up. This is not as easy with today's performance places.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I followed a huge Japanese classic water act on a TV special in Tokyo. It was enormously complex, amazingly entertaining and a huge job to clean up.

They closed the first half, and I opened the second half. And I don't know why, but I had one of those joke store fake diamond rings that squirted water into the looker's eyes.

So I walked on and did a gag with the prop, and it KILLED... I OWNED THE AUDIENCE AFTER THAT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Ha! That's great, Pete! Smile

Dom,
The only thing similar to a Salt Pour that I've seen is the use of a thumbtip to transfer the water. I've never cared for this type of transfer, as there are a few problems:

First of all, it looks like you vanish a teaspoon full of water (very small amount) and make a half teaspoon (even smaller amount) reappear. Water being water, it tends to stick to other things. Like ketchup in a bottle, part of the water wants to cling to the inner walls of the tip. Part wants to cling to the thumb that was in the tip. And if you pour it out over your thumb, even more stays there!

Secondly, it's much harder to regulate the flow of water. Wanting to stick to itself, it tends to falls out it clumps or with one big plop. Granulated objects, like salt, want to separate, looking bigger than what it really is.

Thirdly, water is (typically) clear and hard to see. If you color the water, you're looking for trouble - stains are inevitable! Salt looks white, again looking bigger than what it is.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Is there such thing as a water pour... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL