The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Maneuvering about the Magic Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whodini1houdini
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of whodini1houdini
First off, thanks for a GREAT site. It's really awesome but, I feel I'm not utilizing the site to its fullest potential. For example, I'm unsure how to maneuver about the site to find topics of interest to me. I want to find a place to read and talk about Ray Grismer, so I type in Ray Grismer in the search section, then I want to search in ALL FORUMS but the pages refreshes and comes back with an error message asking me to select a forum to search in. I'm not sure which forum to choose to find Ray Grismer, what should I be doing? Also, how do I search for Members if I don't know their user names? Do I scroll through 1500 plus pages or is there a way to search by the letter, such as H? Is there a quick way to get to the members names that start with H? I hope I'm not considered an idiot for asking but I do need the help.
Thanks in advance for your time.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Try this program. It was written by a member here on the Café.

http://www.searchthemagiccafe.com/
Magic is a vanishing art.
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
108 Posts

Profile of mkarav
I am struggling to post a question and I do not know how or where to post it. What forum do I go and how do I post the question?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Houdini1, the ability to search all forums at one time was temporarily removed do to some issues we were having with the search engine. There are multiple topics about his in the Manager forum, tech forum and announcements forums. During this period, you must stipulate a particular forum to look in. In this case, it will be difficult as posts about Ray Grismer are spread throughout the Café in several forums. Normally, this wouldn't be the case and you could take a pretty good guess where to look. For example, if you were interested in something involving tricked coins, you would stipulate "trick coin trickery". For topics concerning basic mentalism discussions, you would look in "Penny for your thoughts".

Until we bring the "search all forums" function back, you can of course use the link provided above by edh.

Mkarav: It's easy to start a topic. You have already responded to several topics so you know how to get to a specific area. If you want to start a topic about general card magic for example, you go to "the workers" forum. On the left side of the page, you'll see the words "post new topic" in red. Click on that and you can then type your question or comment.

To determine where to post your question, you have to think about it's subject matter and look for that forum. For example, if you are interested in building your own props, you may want to go to "the workshop". If you are interested in cards that use gimmicks, you would go to the "gaffed and funky" forum.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Maneuvering about the Magic Café (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL