The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio Multiplyimg Candles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I have done an extensive search and found nothing about thease,...does anyone own them or know about them as it seems to me by the pictures of them at Magic Shops,it seems only one lights.Thanks,Mike
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio never made multiplying candles. He used them in his own act. I think they were the Lloyd style.

There are two styles of multiplying candles, Lloyd and Morgan. Owens and Tim Starr make very good sets of the Lloyd which take a little more skill to use than Morgan style.

Hope that helps.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Mmmm,I guess I was wrong on the Maker,does anyone own or know anything about the Sets shown at the Trickery and Mad Hatter Shops?
Thanks,Mike
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Those look like the the sets from India. They are not very good. The India models I have handled, are flumsy and bend out of shape. The Trickery looks like they are selling only 4, and Madhatter is selling eight. The discription is not really clear. That is really cheap, as my 8 candle set cost double that and that was some years ago.

The ones that come from South America are just like the old Morgan sets, and made very well. They were sold out of Magic City Inc.

Here is their current offerings:
DEluxe: http://www.magicity.com/product_info.php?products_id=4515

Large: http://www.magicity.com/product_info.php?products_id=5779

Small: http://www.magicity.com/product_info.php?products_id=4516

I think the Deluxe is the ones you want. You would have to contact Magic City Inc. and see which is from South America, Merlin Magic I think the company is called. Also contact Magic City to see if they can tell you a dealer they supply these to, as Magic City is only a Wholesaler, and does not sell retail.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Thanks for the info!!! I'll check them out.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Once again, I did forget, but I began thinking about your post, wondered if you were inquiring about the Lance Burton Multiplying/Production of Candles.

(Note: - So many of the posters will not admit they seen an effect on YouTube and then try to discribe an effect, which only muddles the question more. Not saying you did this at all, just thinking out loud.)

Anyway, Lance Burton devised, invented or created a multiplying Fantasio Multiplying Candle routine. I think it was part of his FISM winning act, but not sure as I did not attend see that act at the time. Lance Burton did take a break from Las Vegas and attended an Abbott's Magic convention, I did not attend, but a friend of mine did and swore that Lance Buton did a multiplying large candle routine. Of course I did not believe him at the time, as he thought the candles were solid as Lance dropped one on stage, according to him.

Several years later I did attend an Abbott's Get-Together and Chris Jakeway (Chavez School Dean - midwest division) was on the evening show. He did a multiplying or continous production of Fantasio Candles in his act. Many years later, I did see a television show where Lance Burton did produce additional candles and held them between the fingers, burning, similar to the Jakeway version.

So to more accurately answer your origianl question, there is a sort of Multiplying Fantasio Candle trick, that Lance Burton invented. The explaination has never been in print or on video. It requires at least 3 Fantasio Appearing Candles and a Vanishing Fantasio Candle. With a lot of practice, body steals, and a proper routine.

Here is a portion of Lance Buton's FISM act that has his Multiplying Fantasio Candles in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUa8l6Imrk

Looks as if he used several Vanishing and only one appearing in this act. I seen him once use the previous mentioned number of candles.

Hope this answers your question more completely.

Here is another verison of his Candle production:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnl3eaPspQ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fantasio Multiplyimg Candles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL