The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tommy Wonder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Anybody here ever make the Tommy Wonder watch gimmick
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you mean the watch used with the Watch, Ring and Wallet trick...yes. Qua-Fiki and I made one from a cheap K-Mart watch. It's made differently from the one Tommy used, but it gets the same result.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tommy Wonder was a jeweler so this kind of detail work was easy for him.

The watch gimmick can be made with the proper tools.

A small vice.
A jewelers say.
Some small drill bits from a hobby store.
Brass sheets and brass wire from a hobby store.
Soldering Iron and solder.

Then take you time and it will come together.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Hmmm. We must have done something wrong. We seem to have made ours without any of that stuff; just a watch and a fishline. It seems to work all the same.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The I guess you did not make the Tommy Wonder gimmick from the book. It serves 2 purposed to assist in the bill drop and the watch drop. The original poster did say the Tommy Wonder Watch gimmick. To use a good reel for the take-up, search Key-Bak, this company makes a nice maintence reel for keys that can be converted to the watch gimmick.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Thanks Bill, I don't have the book, just the videos, probably not as detailed. I was figuring he was using a key caddy as a reel. I just order a Twistoflex watch band with a clasp. It looks similar to the video, I just have to add the brass for the money
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, he used the fold over clasp kind of band, where you move the spacers along the clasp for your wrist size. Then he built a triangle have 3 bars running across the band. one was connected to the watch strap, one to the money gimmick. It was a very involved piece with a lot of small parts to assemble. You could get a cheap watch at Walmart for about $10 that would work with the strap already on it.

That bill ditch and vanish is almost self working, way he has designed it. It would pay to get the books, if you are interested in making it correctly. I will tell you it is not easy, cuttint those small parts.

The twist-o-flex type band (band only) he used for his watch to next of boxes, he used it in conjuction with his belly servante, if memory serves me correctly.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Just watched the video again and he does use a twist o flex with a clasp. Just went to Walmart and they only had twistoflex, no clasp,
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I bought this replacement band at Walmart on the lazy susan watch band display on the counter in the jewelery department. I do see that style of locking devices have changed, but this watch band is still available for Timex watches. Anyway, I just want to show you the style of Clasp I was talking about that Tommy Wonder used in his trick.

The clasp folds over on itself.

Click here to view attached image.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Yes I agree, that is what I am looking for. Our walmart did not have it, I did order 2 on line. So it is a clasp and a twistoflex.
Picked up the key caddy at harbor freight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tommy Wonder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL