The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bank Night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of longdeademperor
I would like to perform a variation on the ‘Just Chance’ or ‘Bank Night’ routine using boxes instead of envelopes, pouches (‘Everyone Wins’ by Edwin Hooper) or miniature trash cans (‘Trashchance’ by Supreme Magic). The routine would be for children. The concept is that the magician, having individually and visibly loaded three awful prizes (such as a burst balloon) and one good prize separately into four boxes in front of the children, would ultimately lose the contest. Through magical karma the three boxes containing awful prizes would suddenly be discovered to contain a good prize and the last box, supposedly holding the original good prize, would hold the three awful prizes. Each box would be a different colour. The magician would force the colour of the box supposedly containing the good prize on the first contestant and then claim that box themselves leaving the three boxes with awful prizes for the children. However, the magician obviously gets their comeuppance and the children emerge victorious.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a way to customize a dollar store or other gift box so as to create the prize transforming effect. I am thinking of maybe using a box which has a lid that is as deep or almost as deep as the box itself (like a Merry Switch Can). The transformation could also work with a shallower lid along the lines of a Dissecting Drawer Box.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, longdeademperor wrote:
I would like to perform a variation on the ‘Just Chance’ or ‘Bank Night’ routine using boxes instead of envelopes, pouches (‘Everyone Wins’ by Edwin Hooper) or miniature trash cans (‘Trashchance’ by Supreme Magic). The routine would be for children. The concept is that the magician, having individually and visibly loaded three awful prizes (such as a burst balloon) and one good prize separately into four boxes in front of the children, would ultimately lose the contest. Through magical karma the three boxes containing awful prizes would suddenly be discovered to contain a good prize and the last box, supposedly holding the original good prize, would hold the three awful prizes. Each box would be a different colour. The magician would force the colour of the box supposedly containing the good prize on the first contestant and then claim that box themselves leaving the three boxes with awful prizes for the children. However, the magician obviously gets their comeuppance and the children emerge victorious.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a way to customize a dollar store or other gift box so as to create the prize transforming effect. I am thinking of maybe using a box which has a lid that is as deep or almost as deep as the box itself (like a Merry Switch Can). The transformation could also work with a shallower lid along the lines of a Dissecting Drawer Box.

How about something that packs flat? Give some thought to using gift bags.
Should be able to make double wall bags without much effort. The items you put in... Broken balloon, a used Popsicle stick, dirty napkin... would all be put into the wall and your good prizes would be in the bag proper.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just Chance also known a Bank Night is published in the book Unconventional Magic written by Lewis Ganson.

This uses envelopes.

It is available in PDF from: https://www.lybrary.com/unconventional-magic-p-53535.html
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Thanks, Guys. I appreciate the responses. I'll experiment with both those options. I also found a design for a box in Ali Bongo's 'Book of Magic' - the Treasure Casket effect on Page 70. The paper bag used for Pom Poms Galore on Page 72 of the same book might work too.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, longdeademperor wrote:
Thanks, Guys. I appreciate the responses. I'll experiment with both those options. I also found a design for a box in Ali Bongo's 'Book of Magic' - the Treasure Casket effect on Page 70. The paper bag used for Pom Poms Galore on Page 72 of the same book might work too.

Let us know how it works out for you.
longdeademperor
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Thanks. I will do. Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, longdeademperor wrote:

I don't own this suggestion, but members are raving about it, so it may work for your purpose. It is Amazebox by Mark Southland, it changes while opening the box. It is expensive, but maybe it can be made by you after you buy the 1st one.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/s/amazebox

Read more about it here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0

This box uses billets in a mental routine, but as you mention, if your objects are not to large, they may work. You just need to do some inquiries to see it will work for your needs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bank Night (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL