The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Steinmeyer's Pendragon article (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Is it just me, or did anyone else come away with a bad taste in their mouth after reading this? I've always had great respect for Steinmeyer's writing, but this was, to put it charitably, a puff piece of the kind I'm surprised to find in Genii. Really this was straight from the PR mill. I don't wish JP any ill will, but this was a little much to swallow. I don't think this rewriting and glossing over of history does anybody any good. Very surprised.
Aisling
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Aisling
I think we must have read two different articles. If talking about OCD, suicide, jail, and aging is a "puff piece" then I'd hate to see what you consider "serious journalism" Smile
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Reading it now
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Great article and as always, Jim covered it pretty much the way it went down.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Landmark, you certainly must have been reading a different article. Perhaps you were expecting something else based upon the rumors and falsehoods you've read or heard earlier this year.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
The Genii article was in depth, insightful, and written without blinders on by a master of the craft of writing about magic.
It really doesn't get any better than that.

Landmark, it's obvious to those who read all the words in your post that you have an agenda.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
No agenda. Longtime Genii reader and admirer giving an honest reaction. YMMV.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
I enjoyed the article. Nice to read how he is picking up the pieces and re-inventing himself magically. Inspiring piece in my humble opinion.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
It came across as honest and straightforward.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Steinmeyer's Pendragon article (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL