The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paintball Catch Footage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Awhile back I posted pictures of my self-built paintable catch props.

I thought maybe you guys might enjoy seeing my first real performance with them.

I managed to drop the paintball during the catch or it would have ended up between my teeth, buit it still played quite well.

http://gallery.me.com/jeffpk#100095
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Hopefully with subsequent performances you'll be able to improve your presentation to eliminate turning your back to the audience for extended periods of time, along with other touches that constitute "bad theatre".

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Yup. This was a VERY informal performance with no stage rehearsal time ahead of time. In fact the stage itself was configured differently at performance then the time I had seen it. (The lower stage was pulled out for show time whereas they wer tucked in when I saw it.)

All in all, given the circumstances, I am VERY happy at how well it played.
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I want one.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I'm Flattered Mr. M.

Unfortunately my work is really derivative of Scott Alexander and Bob Kohler's work on velocity. Even though I designed and built my method myself, I got both the idea to do it, and some clues that helped me on my way from seeing Velocity performed.

So, although I am comfortable doing it myself, being my own routine and my own prop development, after a nice chat with Bob K I decided I am really not confortable releasing it to anyone else.

SO if you love the idea of a paint-ball catch, you can contact Bob Kohler about Velocity.

If you already OWN velocity and would like to talk about what in my prop might be different and adaptable, PM me but pelase don't be offended if I double check with Bob K that your a legitimate Velocity owner first.

Similarly if you own Velocity and just want to use part or all of my routine, drop me line.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Do not allow the audience member to enter the spectator area with the gun, armed or not the concusiion alone from the CO2 can harm a spectator if the gun is misfired
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Worthwhile safety note, thank you.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 11:48pm
Not that I doubt you, and better safe then sorry, but I've been searching and have not been able to find any reference on danger from the ejection gasses of an empty paintball gun.

Would you happen to have a reference?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paintball Catch Footage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL