The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Peter McLanachan - The Cardman - Lecturing in America (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Hi folks

Just a quick note to let you know that I am presenting my first-ever lectures in the USA very soon.

The first is at Tannen's Magic in New York City (45 West 34th Street, Suite 608, New York, NY 10001) on Sunday 24th April starting at 4:30pm. You can get details on how to attend by visiting the Tannen's website.

The other is at the Marc DeSouza Lecture Theatre in King of Prussia, PA on Monday 25th April. Doors open at 7pm for a 7:45pm start. Full details can be obtained directly from Marc [email]fkaps@aol.com[/email].

So, why should you book a relatively unknown Scottish cardman to lecture for your club? I like to think that I have some interesting ideas and effects that your members might enjoy working on. Amongst other things during the lecture, I teach:-

• a handling of Roy Walton's Collectors that can be done in walkaround situations;
  • two very different vanishing deck routines;
  • how to cause a spectator's signature to move from one card to another; and
  • a previously unpublished effect by Roy Walton that you will be using right after the lecture.

Other people seem to have enjoyed the lecture and were interested in what I had to say during it. This is what others have said about my lecture...

"Peter is knowledgeable, skilful, creative and, most importantly, respectful of those in whose footsteps he follows. I enjoyed it a lot."
Walt Lees
Abracadabra Magazine 3197, 5 May 2007

"Peter’s lecture was enjoyed by all the members, cardicians and card haters alike. What made his lecture special was that he took the time to teach us sleights that we individually wanted to learn. Peter's lecture is not only about cards but also about the power of practise to create stunning magic."
Stuart Chalmers
President of Forth Valley Magic Circle

"Love the stuff, especially the vanishing deck(s)"
Pit Hartling

"A good guy and a great cardman. Be prepared for a few surprises..."
R. Paul Wilson

If you are able to make it along to either lecture, it would be great to see you.

Best wishes

Peter McLanachan
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If you can get along to this folks. Put aside that he is now a friend but when I was younger and this was a man I looked up to and still do very much so. Very cleaver stuff from a very clear mind.. I only wish I could make it
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Thanks for the kind words Alan. And of course you look up to me - I'm about 4 or 5 inches taller than you! Smile

Best wishes

Peter
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Very very true... hangs head in shame.... no wait holds it high( or as I high as my midget body can) with pride haha

but really folks. Peter is a true gent and you will love this
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
For those not familiar with Peter or his work, if you can make the lectures, do it!

I've known Peter via online for a couple of years now but he is well respected throughout the card community. He was invited to the F.F.F.F a few years ago so he has the chops but more importantly from what I've observed & heard from others he has the presence of a real performer.

And even though he is light years more advanced in his card work he has taken time in the past to lend support with card problems or techniques I've struggled with.

I wish I was going to be in the northeast at the end of the month. Perhaps another time........
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Thank you Tony. I really appreciate your kind words. Hopefully, I'll make it to Florida before too long.

Best wishes

Peter
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Just a quick reminder that these lectures are only a matter of a few days away. Tannen's in New York City this Sunday afternoon and the Marc DeSouza Lecture Theatre the following evening.

If you can make it to either one, I look forward to meeting you there.

Best wishes

Peter
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Looking forward to tomorrow night, Peter. I shall be there, cards in hand.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
You'll have a great time tonight Peter, Marc has a lovely venue and is a great host. Sorry I cannot make it, only saw this thread today. Steve Friedberg's always up for a card session of course Smile:) Where are you next?

Best wishes,
Paul.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Peter,

knock 'em dead my man...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Peter McLanachan - The Cardman - Lecturing in America (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL