The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My one coin routineish, with a collage of different artist influences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
I don't know what to think about this video. Is it terrible? What do you guys think? Besides the flashing, is it any good?

I can't tell. But I don't like it.

If it exposes anything blantly please let me know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-959rlYgP4
Donnie
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Donnie
From a technical standpoint it is good. Do you plan to perform for people? If so, work on your routining.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Thanks for your advice.

Its just a combination of moves I put together I was playing around with. I don't plan to perform this 'routine' for anyone.

Moneypulation by lawrens godon is becoming very helpful in many ways. I love it. I'm practicing the vanish, and transferring coin between different palms from his DVD.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Didn't even get to the semi finals. Disappointing, didn't expect to win though. Next time I will do better. Going to practice a lot more now. This is frusterating.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I didn't watch the clip since you don't seem to be very happy with it! WHY would you even put it up before you were personally satisfied? I've known you (cyberly) a long time and know you take criticism well so WHY put something up that may be subject to a harsh critique? Answer that and I'll take a look!

Mick
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

I'm never satisfied with anything Mickey.

I don't take criticism well. If I get criticism it tends to make me upset and I practice harder.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I may be in the minority here, but at this point I think you have more than enough "technical" knowledge and know-how. The big advance in your magic will now come from expressing your personality, and acting truthfully in the given circumstances. What is your attitude towards these things that happen with the coins around you? How does it make you feel? If you haven't already, please look at Ella's videos to understand what I mean. You're a more interesting person than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Grunjarra

Consider seriously taking an acting or theatre course in school.
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Landmark I agree I should take an acting course....lots of people have told me that and I need to. I have aspergers and it is difficult for me to read people sometimes, or act accordingly. Facial expression in certain things is difficult for me sometimes. So, naturally acting is difficult. I do need to work on it and I will. It's just difficult for me. I looked at one of her videos. The bubbles one. I see what you're saying. Put more personality into it...put 'Me' into it. let the audience remember "you" and not just your "tricks".
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Kevin,

I watched it and agree with Landmark, you have become quite technically strong so now it's time to work on presentation! I have 2 friends (besides yourself) with Aspergers. One is a Veterinarian and the other is a musician so both have had to adapt to social interaction and acting! It can be done!

You've come a long way my friend and I must say I AM impressed!

I love watching your progress, keep it up!

Mick
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
What you said about Ella's videos is exactly what I meant! Terrific! Yes, please understand that I think that what you've achieved so far is really good, so I know you can go even further.

BTW one of the most famous magicians in the world, Tim Ellis, who is on this board often, has publicly spoken about his Asperger's. You might want to PM him sometime.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Fish,
I have to agree with Mick and Lanmark,
You know what to do and do it rather well, it's time to pull it all together and express yourself. You have come a long way my friend. Keep up the hard work, it's paying off more then you think.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My one coin routineish, with a collage of different artist influences (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL