The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell Drawing Board Markers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhirlwindEnts
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of WhirlwindEnts
Hi Everyone.

I’m not sure how many of you this affects but I have struggled time and time again to find a decent white board marker for the Axtell drawing board! Getting my hands on the Expo ones proved to be a right pain!

I recently came across a sharpie whiteboard marker which seems to be exactly the same as the Expo brand. I have been testing it for a while and they work great!

Steve Axtell has also tested one and has confirmed that they are just as good and has given them his approval.
Here is the link if anyone is interested. Hope this helps?

http://www.essexstationery.co.uk/pens-pe......616.html

Steve Smile
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Hi,
since I can not get the Expo's here in holland and the shipping costs from usa are ridiculous on a couple of markers I did some research too.
These I have tested and they are working fine:
- BIC Velleda click
- Staedtler lc 351
- Edding 28 marker

Do check and be sure you have one for whiteboard + one based on alcohol.

Unfortunatly they all have bullet points which give a smaller line.
De eddding 28 is also very light so that one I do not prefer.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have been wondering about the Expo 2 Markers. What happened to them? I heard that the new Expo Dry Erase Cleaner Fluid would was not as strong....or harsh as the old, original type. I am thinking that maybe they stopped making the old type. Hopefully this new type is the Expo 2 formula, although it is called "Expo". Can anyone follow what I just said? If so, can it be confirmed?
Mister Mystery
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
They changed the name of the "expo 2." They are now called expo "low ordor."

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Here in the Philippines. I use Artline 525T and Monami White Board Marker. They both write boldly and erase easily.
Steve told me that you can also cut the tip of the marker to make it write more boldly. Haven't tried that yet.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Thanks Lou Hilario for that tip of cutting of the tip of the marker.
I will try that one Smile
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2011-04-11 20:34, JamesinLA wrote:
They changed the name of the "expo 2." They are now called expo "low ordor."

Jim

Thanks James! I was thinking that was probably what happened. I had bought a bunch of the Expo 2 markers, so I had not needed any for a while. I was actually looking for some permanent markers and noticed there were no Expo 2 markers anywhere in the office supply store. This concerned me at first, but then I remembered some talk about the Expo dry erase fluid no longer working with Picto Transpo. I kind of put 2 & 2 together and assumed they had stopped making the old type and changed the name. At least I was hoping that was what happened. Thanks for confirming it!
Mister Mystery
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
These are the best and you don't have to mess around with a cap.

And the are retractable.

http://www.officeworld.com/Worlds-Bigges......18/11Q1/
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I’m in uk ,looking for an alternative to Expo,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell Drawing Board Markers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL