The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Mini Rocky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I have found for some of my walk around that Rocky Raccoon is too big.

I started playing with a mouse finger puppet I had but didn't like the look.

I then went to a dollar store (a magican and clowns favorite place) and found a mouse cat toy, realistic in colour , size, etc.

I was going to hollow it out, but discovered in playing with it, I can get VERY realistic movement as it runs around my fingers and all fingers are showing so it adds to the illusion.

I tried it on my wife and had it jump out from between my fingers like Rocky and she jumped!

Try it...for a buck what the heck!
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
I use a big white mouse, but same big as the real one, which I found accidentally.

It is not a spring animal, but can be treated as spring animal. I think it is a hollow plastic form covered with white fur. But I detached the legs, because those legs are only small fabric and not realistic. Then I found that spring animal don't have legs either. He..he..he....

Kids and adults think that the mouse is real and are afraid to come close to me.
Smile

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
The spring mouse one is called "Judy the mouse?"
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
328 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Well, I don't know the name, since I didn't buy it from Magic Shop, but from a gift shop. I think some of the magic shops in USA carry this kind of mouse, with or without spring inside.

Mine is about half long of spring animal, not from a spring, and not a finger puppet either.

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Judy the mouse is not a spring animal. More like a finger puppet. Many small toy animals could work the same way if you can hollow out some of the inside.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have been fooling around with a variety of animals; like mice and rats and ferrets that are stuffed animals. And I will share something that I find makes them work nearly the same as spring animals.

Foam rubber! I take the original stuffing out and creat/cut/carve sponge rubber to be an approximate fit. It doesn't have to be very close actually, as long as you can get the foam in. And the foam needs to have some resistance. It cant be too soft, but I get foam at a salvage store that intended for furniture that works great.

I have some as small as 4-5 inches, and some as big as 1 1/2 feet long. The only main issue is that it be longer than high (or wide) and you can have inexpensive, but very lifelike critters.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Mini Rocky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL