The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help with the Erdanase change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OllyNZ
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of OllyNZ
Hi guys,
I'm asking for some tips/advice for the Erdanase color change. I have been practicing this trick for a few weeks now and can do the change however my problem is when I palm back the 2nd card down it usually drags the 3rd card down out with it so when I complete the change I have the 3rd card down sticking out of the deck. Hope everyone can understand what I am saying and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Olly
jpleddington
View Profile
Loyal user
Lewisburg, PA
294 Posts

Profile of jpleddington
Try using a lighter touch.

Also, you might bevel the deck towards you just slightly, so the second card overhangs the third by just a tiny bit.

The light touch really should do it, though, in my experience.

Jason
philosophy & magic
www.jasonleddington.net
silent shadow
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
231 Posts

Profile of silent shadow
I agree totally, its a light as touch as you can possibly do, to me it's like I am hardly touching the deck though I maybe blessed with naturally moist hands.

Jason
Magic or just an illusion? it's a free choice .... isn't it?
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Make sure your touch is light but also make sure that your hands are not too dry. if you are just starting out you may not know when/if you get dry hands. this will make you have to use more pressure/force thus pulling back more cards.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
The guys are correct, a light touch is the way to go. Another factor that can contribute to its success is the condition of the cards - old or low quality cards can stick and drag the 3rd card out.
Ive put in a fair amount of work on this move, and use a few different applications of the basic idea (including what I believe to be an improved handling). If you need anymore help with it PM me and I'll be happy to help.
jim
OllyNZ
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of OllyNZ
Thanks for all the tips I am following everyone's advice and can see a slight improvement but still more often than not that 3rd card gets dragged out too, I guess practice is the key but if I continue to have problems I will contact you Jim. Thanks a lot for all the advice.
Olly
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
Also make sure you don't use old cards or cards you've spent lots of time practicing with. This kind of cards are generally difficult to do sleight of hand, and can be sticky. Quiet often the result can be what you described.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
You might also try pulling straight back.
I notice at times if I don't, the next card has a tendency to come with it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
55 Posts

Profile of Rectify
The light touch is key, but you might also want to look into getting a new deck of cards. Older cards tend to have more friction than a new deck, and you want the cards to slide as easily as possible.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
ALso dry hands and the move will not work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help with the Erdanase change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL