The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » After lurking for a while... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AeroSmythe
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of AeroSmythe
...I finally registered and wanted to say hello to everyone. The back of my baseball card looks something like this: 48, Leo, married, NBA height without NBA skills or an NBA paycheck, twin daughters who just turned seven, work in DC and live across the Potomac in Alexandria, VA, username is an old nickname given by friends who combined the first half of my favorite band's name with my last name. Tremendous interest in card magic since childhood, even though I do very few tricks myself. My interest was recently renewed in a big way after seeing Paul Vigil perform and by the fact that my kids have what appears to be a very genuine interest in the art at the moment.

I'm going to read through all of the FAQs and whatever posts time permits so as to avoid asking questions you've all dealt with dozens of times before and committing unintentional violations of Café etiquette. If any of you care to point out some of the more common transgressions by newcomers, I'd appreciate it - I came to learn and chat, not to be a nuisance of any kind.

Hope all is well with all of you.

R. Smythe
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome AeroSmythe,

It is customary to send me $10 when you join, as a greeting fee.

Glad to hear you are catering to your daughters' interest in Magic.

If I had gotten a Magic Set at the age my interest in Magic was first ignited I'd have been 10 years ahead of the game.

Actually most new comers sort of lurk a bit more only adding a comment when it's something they feel strongly about and gain confidence as they go.

Some add lots of posts quickly so as to get in the "Banquet Room" area sooner but not all forum posts count (like "New arrivals" and "Not Very Magical, But") and posts just posted to add to the count don't count either (the moderators have seen enough of this to get wise) so once they realize that, they slow down.

If you are trying to search the fora to see if your question has been asked before and if you are honest and polite you'll be great here.

-Mary Mowder
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
I lurked for years. I like it much better now that I participate. Makes me think about what I think about... or something like that.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » After lurking for a while... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL