The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Create an arch nemesis for a superhero (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
So the idea is pretty straightforward. Create the perfect arch-enemy (or alternate arch-enemy if they already have one) for any superhero. Or, heck, you could do the perfect hero to match up with a villian too. Either way.
For The Shadow:
Jack Boxx. He has teleporting powers, seeming to pop out of nowhere like a Jack in the Box (get it?)
Plus, check this out-
The Shadow- "The Shadow Knows."
Jack Boxx- "You don't know Jack!"
Awesome.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
For Superman: Shinyman. Shinyman is really shiny. Superman's tiny mind* can not comprehend how Shinyman could possibly be so incredibly shiny. Superman becomes entranced with Shinyman's shininess, entering a state of hypnotic stupidity. So, really not much different than normal. Then, Lex Luthor clocks him with a kryptonite boxing glove. Superman dies of a cerebral edema. Idiot.

*I really hate Superman.

Speaking of Lex Luthor. In an alternate reality, Lex Luthor becomes a super-hero.
He teams up with Bill Gates to design new methods to help young people to become as brilliant as he is.
In this universe, his arch-nemesis is Donald Trump, who wants the children to stay stupid so they'll believe every dumb ash thing that comes out of his mouth.
Incredibly, Trump is also vulnerable to Kryptonite. Boxing glove time.
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 18:27, critter wrote:
For Superman: Shinyman. Shinyman is really shiny. Superman's tiny mind* can not comprehend how Shinyman could possibly be so incredibly shiny. Superman becomes entranced with Shinyman's shininess, entering a state of hypnotic stupidity. So, really not much different than normal. Then, Lex Luthor clocks him with a kryptonite boxing glove. Superman dies of a cerebral edema. Idiot.

*I really hate Superman.

Speaking of Lex Luthor. In an alternate reality, Lex Luthor becomes a super-hero.
He teams up with Bill Gates to design new methods to help young people to become as brilliant as he is.
In this universe, his arch-nemesis is Donald Trump, who wants the children to stay stupid so they'll believe every dumb ash thing that comes out of his mouth.

Lol, awesome. Though Superman had his own Super Hypnosis power, so would that cancel out the effects of getting lost in Shinyman's gleaming prowess?

As for arch nemesisesses, I have one of my own, so not sure if I want to bother making one up. Suffice to say, his name turns the magi here into the children of Hogwarts, our very own "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Heh, I've got a bunch of these from my days of playing the Champions RPG. One of my favorites was a pyrokinetic assassin named "Pyro". (He wasn't very creative.) He could excite the molecular structure of any non-organic material, heating it until it exploded. Didn't even have to touch it, or necessarily even see it. One of his victims was a CEO who double-crossed him. Said CEO happened to be a veteran, who had a metal plate in his head. The result was fairly messy.

Put this guy up against pretty much any superhero and they won't be happy. I imagine Wolverine in particular, though he could regenerate the damage, wouldn't be too happy about his whole skeleton exploding.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Critter- Remember one of Batman's expressions? "Dumb as Clark." as in Kent. Superman definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. But he doesn't need to be, considering he's nigh invulnerable...

NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Back in the 50's and 60's, when I collected Superman and Batman comics ( sure wish I had them today, but who knew ) Superman was actually considered a super-human problem solver in addition to being invulnerable. Surely that quote by Batman was a tongue in cheek reference to Clark.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 22:04, NicholasD wrote:
Back in the 50's and 60's, when I collected Superman and Batman comics ( sure wish I had them today, but who knew ) Superman was actually considered a super-human problem solver in addition to being invulnerable. Surely that quote by Batman was a tongue in cheek reference to Clark.

I don't think so. Batman still considered Superman to be kind of naive.

If you want to read a great Superman story that hearkens back to Superman's smarter, more fantastical days, check out All Star Superman.

Also, for Pyro and Wolverine, ademantium is indestructible. Would this be an immovable object meets unstoppable force type scenario?

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Gdw- if Magneto can rip it out, Pyro can blow it up.

My villain, my continuity. Smile

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 00:06, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Gdw- if Magneto can rip it out, Pyro can blow it up.

My villain, my continuity. Smile

Good point, though it is not the bond with his bone's that is indestructible.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 18:27, critter wrote:

You don't need a "alternate reality." In the 60s, there was a couple of stories about another planet where Lex was the resident superhero and Supes the villain for trying to bring him back to Earth to answer for his crimes.
I think Bats take on Clark (Superman) is mostly his trusting nature. They even play it up in one story where Supes asks why Bats has to scare everybody. "I'm not bulletproof Clark."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The Evil Twin of said Superhero makes the best Arch Nemesis.

Sibling Rivalry and Villainy! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
A population of arch nemeses to Superman... people who aren't dumb enough to be fooled by a pair of eyeglasses.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Watch the first Superman movie, I wasn't even paying all that close attention to what Christopher Reeve was doing until he stood there in Lois' apartment, took them off, stood up straight and spoke in the "Superman" voice. Then chickened out at the last second and went back into "Clark Kent" mode. It was more than "a pair of glasses."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 23:23, gdw wrote:
Quote:

If you want to read a great Superman story that hearkens back to Superman's smarter, more fantastical days, check out All Star Superman.

Also, for Pyro and Wolverine, ademantium is indestructible. Would this be an immovable object meets unstoppable force type scenario?

After the 1940's, Superman had a super genius level intelligence and a photographic memory. I guess that perception changed as the comic progressed through and past the '70's.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 09:30, NicholasD wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 23:23, gdw wrote:
Quote:

After the 1940's, Superman had a super genius level intelligence and a photographic memory. I guess that perception changed as the comic progressed through and past the '70's.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 05:41, ed rhodes wrote:
Watch the first Superman movie, I wasn't even paying all that close attention to what Christopher Reeve was doing until he stood there in Lois' apartment, took them off, stood up straight and spoke in the "Superman" voice. Then chickened out at the last second and went back into "Clark Kent" mode. It was more than "a pair of glasses."

I love that moment. So much is said, and it shows how great Reeve was.

Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The Flash
vs
Lady Flasher who stops him in his tracks.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Old storylines or no, Superman never came off as particularly sharp to me in the issues I read. Or the movies, for that matter. He'd just stand around deflecting bullets and then use superstrength to tie up the villian with some re-bar.
And yeah his tiny brain always seems to stand out more when he is in a storyline involving Batman.

Lady Flasher is brilliant. Maybe one of the Marvel heroines could jump over to DC to take on the role. Those characters could distract any hero.
~Will Rogers
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 11:24, critter wrote:

Lady Flasher is brilliant. Maybe one of the Marvel heroines could jump over to DC to take on the role. Those characters could distract any hero.

Go with one of Liefield's Image Comics heroines (circa early to mid 1990's). They'd distract the hero, only because he'd be astounded that she was able to stand on those mis-shapen legs without her freakish spine snapping in half.

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I had a thing for late 90's Rogue from X-Men. Before the movie came out and she was suddenly 12. Way to make it weird, Marvel films.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Create an arch nemesis for a superhero (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL