The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for a setting for a story? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Thank you, great information!
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Very creepy indeed. Thanks! Wonder if they even bother to try and keep squatters out?
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
Awesome find! Especially Oradour-sur-Glane......I can feel a story coming on now about a friend
of mine who was there, but didn't keep quiet while in the village.....tsk tsk tsk......it's unwise to upset the dead!
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
Hashima Island should look familiar to anyone who watched the Japanese movie Battle Royale II. That’s were the filming took place for the movie. At that time the island was not open to the public and special permission was required to visit the island. They have since opened the island up for special tours. A photographer’s paradise if anyone ever had the chance. Possibly an excursion for my next trip to Japan if I have the time.

The Japanese nick name for the island is “Gunkanjima” (or "Battleship Island" in English) because of its profile when seen at a distance. The island, rich with coal deposits, was a booming mining time for the better part of the 20th Century. However the influx of cheap oil beginning in the 1960s caused the demand for coal to evaporate. In 1974 the decision came down from Mitsubishi to shut down their mining operations there and close the island. Everyone was promptly relocated to the mainland and virtually over night the island became a ghost town and a time capsule of an entire city.

Is the place haunted? Not to my knowledge, but I’m sure a little creative thinking could cure that.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Wow! May be thinking of moving to one of these..... after all, my funeral business IS dying...
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Wow, it's not usual to see Taiwan on the Caf?
However, the house in Sanzhi was removed by goverment last December.

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Awesome link Michael. Thanks for sharing!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy, but interesting.
Kolmanskop, Namibia, was used as a location in the both films "Dust Devil" and "the King is alive".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for a setting for a story? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL