The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Torn And Restored Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Have you been able to find a decent torch lighter for the effect?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
'Legacy' from A Taste of Chaos by LokI Kross is my favourite, as it's very visual and totally impromptu. ATOC also contains 'Mythos' which I think is also a great routine, really involving the spectator (the restore happens in their hands) - and which is also totally impromptu.

Rich
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
So the secret to finding a good butane lighter is this. It's not so much about the lighter as it is about the Butane. You need to get triple or qaudruple refined butane. If you buy an inexpensive torch style lighter drain it of the cheap butane and refill it immediately with the premium qaudruple refine butane the cheap lighter can last for years. The lighters I currently use were purchased from a camping supply store for around $20 and immediately refilled. They light every time and I've had them for years.
Hope that helps,
Brent Braun
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
ISHOULD OF MENTIONED DAVID ELDRIDGE'S QUATERLY RETURNS..
it is one of the best flash restorations effects ......like torch and restored these are IMO the best for rersturant work
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
It's a toss up between Garcias torn and Houchins Hollingsworth . Both have their strengths.
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Having done some research, I am actually more confused about which T n R card to do. I think someone needs to write a book on torn and restored cards. Of course, they could never get permission, so someone here needs to summarize the good and bad of effects, both from the skill required and the effect on spectators.

Torched and Restored is obviously a worker. I like most of Houchin's but frankly, the ending--passing stuff between the hands while going to the pockets wouldn't pass the stink test for people do magic for.
Garcia's is obviously a great effect, but it seems it is hard to enjoy doing the trick, with the angles... So, please, please help. Or else invent a card that magically restores itself.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
THERE WAS APOST YEARS AGO ON THE Café ABOLUT ALL THE T AND R'S
this is all I can remember with the new search engiene I can't find jack lol
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Torn And Restored Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL