The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Excellent Review of Criss Angel`s ``Magic`` Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Just to clarify, that was a joke. If his RV goes missing, I am in no way connected to it. I swear. Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-07-20 22:54, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I always stay at the Luxor when I'm in Vegas and I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to steal that Mindfreak RV that's parked in the back near the parking lot.

I'd go for the Viper Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I should step back a bit on Cools and look at it more objectively. Personally, I find his show to be the same old fake orgasms and lame jokes that I've seen before. I also find his persona really obnoxious. And not a fun kind of obnoxious, more of an "I think I'm charming" obnoxious.
BUT, it's a popular show that a lot of the general public likes so what do I know.
~Will Rogers
The Old Man
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of The Old Man
Must...see...P....&.....T, I guess. Would go Aug. but going for the Star Trek convention at the Rio (yes I'm one of those, but no dress up for me) and I suspect it will be difficult to get any decent seats to see them.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Aw, Trek in Vegas reminds me of the old Star Trek stuff at the Hilton Smile I miss it...
~Will Rogers
The Old Man
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of The Old Man
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 03:10, critter wrote:
Aw, Trek in Vegas reminds me of the old Star Trek stuff at the Hilton Smile I miss it...

OT: we took our now 13 year old daughter there in its last year. She really loved it and the hallway entrance with the Star Trek timeline was amazing. There was talk of relocating it to the moribund Neonopolis on Fremont street, but it never happened.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think it closed shortly after my visit as well. Very sad.
~Will Rogers
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I went to Vegas earlier this month, and I noticed all kinds of discounts to CA's show. That's in addition to half price ticket booths. Still, I think the cheapest price was about $50.00. There were a number of shows my wife wanted to see, so I couldn't bring myself to buying tickets. Maybe next time if I go by myself.

Concerning Nathan Burton's show...we enjoyed it very much, but were surprised by how many variety acts he had in the 60 minutes or so. There were at least three, and maybe four. All were great. I say this as a big positive. It kind of like a scaled down version of the old review shows that used to be all over Vegas.

I really wanted to see The Magic of Paris, but couldn't work it in.

Ron
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I still find it funny how people who apparently havent even seen the new rendition of "Believe" are bashing it. I saw it in the late february and it wasnt nearly as bad as most reviews say. I actually enjoyed it a lot and so did rest of the sold out show and my laymen friends. As hard as it is for me to admit, I have to say that Angel was way more funny, humble and charismatic than Copperfield was on the same trip Smile

Still, Mac King and Penn &Teller are better magic shows as is Paul Vigil at Mirage. But I still could recommend Angel easily to laymen and magicians. Just leave your prethoughts at the door and you might get suprised. Or then Angel just happened to have an fantastic evening when we saw his show?

Juha-Matti
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2011-07-28 23:16, korttihai_82 wrote:
I still find it funny how people who apparently havent even seen the new rendition of "Believe" are bashing it. I saw it in the late february and it wasnt nearly as bad as most reviews say.

I understand and fully believe that every performing magician should be forced to see it as a lesson to us all.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Excellent Review of Criss Angel`s ``Magic`` Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL