The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Thomas Rochford Auburn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Also known as Magic Tom.

I have had the privillege of not only being able to watch Magic Tom on television as a child growing up in Montreal, but had the honor of meeting him and knowing him. He was good friends with my Grandmothers boyfriend, and I got to meet him on several occasions. He was my first influence into magic, and he was responsible for showing me my very first trick (Paddle Move).

I will always remember the day I spent with Magic Tom, Murphy, and my Grandmother at Belmont Park after Magic Tom performed.

Here is a great write up about him. http://tomauburn.com/index.php?id=42
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Tom was a GREAT guy, I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with him, and I was one of the few local magicians who got to appear, as a performer, with him on his t.v. show. I also performed at several live events with him.

It was an honour to be asked by the family to write his obituary for the national magic magazines and conduct his broken wand ceremony, with an assist from Phil Matlin who was regional v.p. of the S.A.M. at that time, at his funeral.

Blair
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Hi Blair,

I don't personally know you, but I'm glad to meet someone who not only knows Magic Tom, but you obviously were very close with him. I am very happy to meet you!

He left a life long impression on me. I have a few pictures I've been trying to dig up of our day at Balmont Park

Perhaps you may also recall the name Murphy. My brother and I had to call him Mr. Murphy for the first little while (lol), but then he let us drop the Mr., and we just called him Murphy. My grandmother's name was Claire Bernier. My grandmother knew Magic Tom from Murphy. Murphy did a bit of magic as well, but not professionally. I sure wish I could recall what Murphy's first name was. (lol)
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Thomas Rochford Auburn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL