The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Guinn DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I ordered mine on Tuesday. It should be here Monday. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I just finished watching Scott Guinn's dvd and I must say it's very very Good.
There were nice solid routines and each one of them were well explained to.
My favorite routine on the dvd is Scott's Ring and Rope Routine. It's a very nice routine and I thought it was the best trick on the dvd.
I have never done a ring and rope routine in my
Magic routines but I must say after watching Scott's Routine, I will learn and perform the routine then add it to My routines.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
For those interested, Jim Sisti, editor of The Magic Menu and staff writer at allmagic.com has given a review of my DVD here:http://allmagic.com/spin/spins/guinnmagic.html.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
How do the production values stand up to the Sankey Secret Sessions DVDs. Those were shot with one camera in what looks like a basement. Personally I think this is fine and everything runs nice and smooth. Many of Jay's videos are also one-camera-in-his-apartment type things and I've always enjoyed those too.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

I'd say the production values are a step up from that--this was shot with a broadcast camera by a professional cameraman.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Scott's DVD is a step up from the Sankey ones.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Yes, definitely. The screen capture is good and the sound quality is excellent. Crisp and clear.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
TO see Scott perform PB &J is,as they say, worth the price of the DVD. If you don't know the routine, it will fool the pants off you.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
My dvd was not working and Scott sended a new one right after I told him.
His sponge ball routine is well worth the price of the dvd,

Thanks Scott
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

http://www.tiendamagia.com

Foro de magia en Castellano!

www.magiapotagia.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Happy to do it, xaratax! The last thing I want is to have people who paid good money for my DVD own a copy that doesn't even work!

A member of the Magic Bunny forum emailed me this morning about a review of my DVD there. It is a very extensive review--those of you who are still considering purchasing this DVD might find it helpful in your decision:

http://www.magicbunny.co.uk/phpBB2/viewt......13#69613
My Lybrary Page
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Whats is the skill level of these tapes compared to Michael Ammar's easy to master tapes?
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Any effect worth performing requires practice, but these are not difficult. Some are very easy, some require a little more skill. If you come armed with a good DL, Elmsley count, thumb palm, and sponge ball retention pass, you should be able to get started on these right away. These are not the only sleights employed, but that's about as difficult as they get. Keep in mind, these are all practical workers--magic for the real world, not just for when you have a single spectator standing exactly three feet away, looking on at a 45-degree angle with one eye closed.

Overall, on par with or even easier than Ammar's Easy to Master material.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

I'd agree with that assessment. Two routines (Simply Stop and Magic Jumprope) require no sleights at all. "What the" doesn't require anything except holding a break. There are a couple of routines that use palming, but one uses the supremely easy Automatic Bottom Palm, while the other uses a top palm on the offbeat with misdirection.

The coin routine requires nothing more than a thumb Palm until the end, when you do a Han Ping Chien move. The sponge routine requires a false transfer. The Ring & Rope trick has a number of moves in it--but not really any sleights. Once you understand how the moves work, you'll have no trouble doing them.

Just for the record, I have never said that people should not post critical comments about any of my products. In this very thread, I have asked people not to "step to my defense" or to harrass or in any way demean anyone who doesn't like my stuff. I am also not going to give you links only to good reviews and leave out those that are less than glowing.

A little harsh and accusatory, but there is a thread on the Genii forum (where I am also a member) on my DVD that shreds it:

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/u......1#LATEST

Let no one say I'm not giving you both sides of the story.
My Lybrary Page
Wizard291
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Wizard291
Scott I don't disagree with the production value of the DVD at all, it's jolly well done - though is your PB&J routine the one that everyone talks of? I liked it - please don't misunderstand, though I failed to see what was hugely different to a usual sponge ball routine - the loads I found hard to miss (admittedly much in favour when live and not on a screen) and I can't say that anything was particularly new. Would love to hear.

Bring on the angry PMs.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I got a lot of stuff from Scott's DVD that I use constantly. His sponge ball routine kills every time I use and I use it all the time. Thanks, Scott.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Wizard291
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Wizard291
...did you perform sponges before? I was just under the impression that PB&J utilised some derriere-kicking new material, different presentations - all bringing it up to the most hyped routine in the world. I just couldn't see enormous differences.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Guinn DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL