The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I am left out and bummed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Several of the males where I work are getting together for a poker night. I was not invited. Who wants a magician at a poker table? I don't even do cards. I am an escape artist. How would I cheat at cards. It still bums me out.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
You keep thinking it's about magic. Smile
You know why don't act naive.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Just agree to pass the deal when it is your turn. Works for me.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Same here, most people I know wont play cards with me. Sort of flattering I suppose, but aggravating too.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
The other choice is to host your own poker party.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Luckily I suck at both magic and poker, so I'm often invited to these kinds of things.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Ugh, this again. My family always accuses me of cheating when I'm winning at cards (or Settlers of Catan). Now, I have to have them do everything for me to avoid suspicion.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
If my friends didn't really want to play cards with me because I can do stuff with a deck.. they wouldnt be my friends. Does that make sense? They all make jokes, but no one really thinks I would ever cheat..
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The nuts: In the American Wild West Wild West, a player would sometimes bet more than just money - his horse, his wagon, even his house. In order to prevent him from just taking off if he lost one of these huge bets, a player would often remove the nuts from the wheels of his wagon and put them on the table, indicating that he had so much confidence that his hand was the best that he did not care if he had no means by which to escape.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 22:28, tommy wrote:
The nuts: In the American Wild West Wild West, a player would sometimes bet more than just money - his horse, his wagon, even his house. In order to prevent him from just taking off if he lost one of these huge bets, a player would often remove the nuts from.... and put them on the table, indicating that he had so much confidence that his hand was the best that he did not care if he had no means by which to escape.

I bet that PO'd his horse!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
The 3rd option is to lose. If your good enought you can win it back later.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Solution: Skip playing poker with guys and play strip poker with some gals. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I am left out and bummed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL