The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Circus front man was in town yesterday! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
154 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Yesterday I met Larry Rich who was in town promoting The Jordan World Circus. He was telling a story about elephants so I asked If he knew Jim Z and he said he did and to tell you hello. I told him I was interested in sideshows and he said he had a Strange Thing in his van. It was one of Doug Higley's Mers. So it turns out to be a small world.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2011-05-18 20:57, joe faro wrote:
Yesterday I met Larry Rich who was in town promoting The Jordan World Circus. He was telling a story about elephants so I asked If he knew Jim Z and he said he did and to tell you hello. I told him I was interested in sideshows and he said he had a Strange Thing in his van. It was one of Doug Higley's Mers. So it turns out to be a small world.

Ha Ha, Larry was/is a Huge DemoDerby Promoter in the PA/Ohio/West virginia area, Last time I saw him he was annoucing a Helldriver Show and Clowning..He was the Substitute Ringmaster on Sterling and Reid when I was there....He also can cut up jack-pots w/ the Best of em, Ha Ha, wish I was there..I worked Jordan Circus and still have many Freinds on the show ...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
...and to slightly tighten the nebulous circle there were those days when I would 'track announce' the random Demo Derby in trade for some space for the little trailer grind show. (Nevada/California)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
154 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I had a good time talking to him but he was leaving town that afternoon. He did record a short grind tape for my Zibit. He has a great voice. Doug, would you PM your phone number, I'd like to talk to you.
Thanks,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Circus front man was in town yesterday! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL