The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from the PNW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Hello my name is Max. I live in Everett WA, just north of Seattle.

I recently renewed my interest in magic after joining the SCA. I am building up a little renaissance themed show to perform at SCA events. It is a fun challenge to try and adapt effects to fit the theme.

-Max Newman (AKA Nigel the Nearly Mysterious)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome maxnew40,

I was apprenticed to Myrddin the Wizard for many years so of course we ran into a lot of SCA members. Fun crowd and nice (quirky) folk.

Think Rope Effects, Linking Rings, Soft Leather like pouches, Tarot or Spanish Decks (beautiful cards with an old fashioned look but not the same number of cards as in our decks so be aware), Cups and Balls (watch the final loads there are people surrounding) and wooden Magic.

Have a Old Fashioned good time.

-Mary Mowder
brangwinj
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of brangwinj
Did you know we have a very active ring in Lynnwood WA.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Brangwinj
Can you tell me about this active ring of which you speak?
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Mary, thanks for the response! I got the card shark Tarot deck and it looks good (marked too!).

Since I am wearing 14th century garb, I don't have pockets. I am thinking of making a sort of workmans leather belt with pockets up front to put things like cards in and to have somewhere to dump palmed items.

-Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from the PNW (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL