The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » First time street preforming in italy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shimonmagic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of shimonmagic
Hi everybody I’m Simon have been living in Italy for the last 8 month (I’m studying here ) finally I gat the courage and the necessary promotion and yesterday I performed my first show
I haven’t really performed on the street but I have been doing street magic for a wile now.. have been a waiter for a lot of years so I have solid routines. I do the cups and balls Nick Nikolas stile, have a good rope routines a sponge routine a good ambishias ece..
I got a really good pich I the center o Milan its not really a problem and I performed for 3 hours …
2 times I have been able to pull a crowd… when I mengeged to build it I got good money but the problem was that I was in the center of Milano tons of people and I couldn’t stop them to woch my show.
I’ve horde I don’t remember where about putting a rope on the ground and staring at it… as a crowd builder.. and it works but the minet I pick up the rope and gave it to someone the 50 people wore gone..
I was thinking to do bill abot the ting … as a transition from the rope in the loop I put a box and perform the thing….
How can I become peter in building a crowd… where can I Lorne how to build a crowd..
In the end of the day I made 20eu I had a lot of fun met a lot of great people….
Next week will be bake truing another time
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Holy smokes that was fun to read!

There's plenty of teaching aids available. Cellini has a 3-disc DVD set that covers building a crowd. Kozmo's got a good double DVD; Gazzo's material is available in books and DVDs; David Groves has a good book... in short, there's plenty of material you can pick up. Or peruse these forums; guys have been talking about this stuff for years.

Good luck!
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Yikes...
Anyway, where are you? At the castle?
It's good on the weekends...
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
Kozmo's video is the best. Hands down.

It's good to hear moderate success in Italy. There for a while, they were becoming very fond of quashing freedom of speech.
shimonmagic
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of shimonmagic
I'm working the duomu.. and the streets close to it... I think I have a good idea for a crowd puller ...
I wont to start with bill abbott "the thing" not a huge fan of levitation not really my stile.. but I think it will do the work

as a crowd puller I have laid a rope on the ground perpendicular to me with a loop on the end would knee on the ground and would hit my drum stick... staring at the loop it pulled a nice crowd.. But as soon as I gave the rope to someone to start a rope rutin... the crowd was gone...
I was thinking theta the crowd expects something from the loop… so I wont to do “the ting” from the loop putting a box in the midel
Das somebody have an experience with this trick.. And what do you think about the idea???
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
113 Posts

Profile of atinczor
I have just seen a youtube video of a street performer/busker using Bill's "The Thing" to attract a crowd. It was really working good for him.. He set up his table and put the Thing's metal box almost 15 feet away from it.. Then, he did the Thing.. Everybody was clapping and got interested.. And the pitch was full of people forming a large circle..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » First time street preforming in italy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL