The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Some friends hand you a deck of cards and ask you to do a trick. What trick do you do? (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Bearded_Ste
View Profile
New user
Liverpool UK
30 Posts

Profile of Bearded_Ste
The favorite cards of my friends is good, quick and impromptu. I will also use an impromptu style ACAAN that I do called SCAARN which really gets great reactions.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
My suggestion is this:

1. Find a trick that uses a regular deck that is a reputation maker and practice it. I do my own version of Martin Nash's version of MacDonald Aces, the only one that I have ever seen that doesn't use gimmicked cards.

2. Do something that involves a move or two that you get down so you can do something really quick that blows people away with just one or two pretty easy moves like a double lift, a false cut, etc. I do an Ace production that is nothing but false cuts.

3. have a card trick that involved the participant and is humorous. I do my version of an ambitious card routine that just doesn't work, but different cards come to the top and then it turns into ACAAN.

I like to think in threes: I have three impromptu card tricks that don't require any gimmicks, I have three stage card tricks that involve other props and are theatrically entertaining, I have three impromptu coin tricks with regular coins, I have three coin tricks with gimmick coins, I have three stage tricks using silks, I have three impromptu rubber band tricks, I have three impromptu mentalism tricks that I can do with borrowed paper or business cards, etc.

KJ
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Surprise Spelling- Allerton
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Well ...
it would have to be card from pocket, which I am always asked to perform.
Not self-working, but very, very easy to perform.

There is no way it could happen ... and they just love it!

PM me for more information ...
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
It depends on the condition of the cards.

Can the cards be fanned properly? Asi Winds's Double Exposure
The cards can't be fanned: Out Of This World or a simple force and reading their expressions in order to find their card
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Estimated Toss- Jennings.
MatrixAddict
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MatrixAddict
Bannon-AK47
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Take Five- Lorayne.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
"The Known" by Thom Perterson. Mental effect that happens in the spectator's hands. Almost self-working. Do it with any deck; doesn't even require a complete deck. Lots of ways to present it when you start experimenting. Open-mouthed silence at the reveal.
theocreswell
View Profile
New user
Surrey, UK
61 Posts

Profile of theocreswell
Alain Nu's 'The Gypsy'
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Double-Ment, Aronson
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
Calssic force and then reading
S.V.C
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of S.V.C
A mix from daniel garcia's and Helder guimaraes take on transposing kings and aces
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Some friends hand you a deck of cards and ask you to do a trick. What trick do you do? (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL