The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chicago Bar Magic Reviews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaloneZone
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of MaloneZone
Does anybody have the DVD called "Chicago Bar Magic Video with Randy Wakeman?" If so, is it any good and does it have good tricks?
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I prefer the Doc Eason DVDs on the same subject.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I can not really say it was a great..just ok.I looked at it & said to myself 'So these are the tricks they used to do in Chicago'! No great shakes IMO but..it brought back a method of the card stab that I used to use.I may start doing it again.
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
I enjoyed it very much. The effects are direct and to the point. The card stab that charliemagic mentioned is one of my favorite effects. Without refering to the box, most of the effects are card tricks, some dice stacking, a matrix routine with bottle caps (perfect for the bar), etc. I understand that "Chicago Bar Magic II" is in the works and I'm looking forward to that. Randy Wakeman was guest here a few months back, you may want to review his thread for more information.
SBeck24Svn
View Profile
New user
Leeds, England
83 Posts

Profile of SBeck24Svn
I have this DVD - it was good, however not as good as I expected it to be. Have a look at the trick list and see if any of it appeals to you, and if so, get it.

Simon.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Sorry, but I thought this was poor. The effects themselves were OK but Randy's performing style/persona just turned me cold. I did watch the whole tape through but was struggling against the urge to switch off right from the start!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chicago Bar Magic Reviews (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL