The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wave - Blake Vogt & Dan Hauss (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tester2006
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of tester2006
I'm surprised I haven't seen anything posted yet about this effect. Looks like a pretty cool card effect from Paper Crane.

http://www.papercranemagic.com/wave.htm
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I love it. Would love some info on how close the spec can be to the gimmick as I tend to perform in super-casual environments.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
It looks like a very versatile gimmick. But I'm not sure what I should think about it. Looks kinda strange. Any reviews?
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Magicsquared: WAVE is done from a normal close up performing distance. You just need enough distance to wave your hand over the card.

Mandy
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
This looks very cool, first Rattled then Wave. Great job Dan!!!! I am getting both.

Mike
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Any reviews on this?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
This is a really cool gimmick that you can do many different animation effects. The DVD comes with the gimmick already constructed for you too.
P3
practice practice perform.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
It looks good but personally, from a spectator's view I prefer Pip Streak by Greg Wilson Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I saw it live at a convention. It is a very inventive, nicely made card gaff. I don't think it will fall apart in your hands but like anything made of paper and folded it will not last forever. You probably could not make this yourself or it would be quite difficult (not user replaceable). They were including a stiff sleeve to carry the gaff around in but to me this speaks of the impracticality of incorporating it in a strolling situation, safely ringing it in and out. I am sure one of the creators can pop on and tell you how many performances they have done and are still on their first card. I am fairly certain a new gaff is required for each of the presentations. Not each time you do the trick of course but if you wanted to say change from the moving dots to the changing signature. I also thought the card looked a little suspicious close up but that could just be magician-think. Personally I don't feel expensive paper card gaffs are a good value or very practical no matter how good they look so I am not singling out Blake. Blake Vogt seemed like a really nice guy and as you can see his material is popping up all over. I am sure he will be very successful.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Xcath1 thanks for your reply.

as many other gaffed card effects they do have limited life.

whether it has limited life or not that's not an issue.

it will be an issue if the gimmick will look suspicious clope up???? I had the same proble with X-tension, where the effect was cool but close up you could "see it" and though not feel comfortable.

and the second question is: does it look good????
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have to say, this is really cool.

The gimmick does look good close up because you alter the signed card ahead of time. Don't want to say too much but Blake and Dan thought this through nicely. There's no way anyone would see the gimmick because of what you do to the signed card first. Everything looks as it should.

The gimmick is on the fragile side. However, this is not a trick I think I would do at every table. I think it's something I would only do a couple of times a night. Something special. Because the visuals are great. I mean it looks super magical.

Dan and Blake give you three routines on the dvd, all nicely thought out. I think I'm going to do the Dot Matrix, though. It's my favorite application.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Looks good. So I guess you have to pick one routine and stick with it since you have to permanently alter the gimmick?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes. Unless you want to make your own. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
One question on this is the gimmick used in Wave the same as the bonus effect Window Pain ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wave - Blake Vogt & Dan Hauss (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL