The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Using WOT ("Web of Trust") to weed out unethical (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
I use the Web of Trust as a safe browsing tool. It helps to make sure that link that I see really is going to someplace trustworthy or warns me about sites - ahem - that may be less than wholesome. It's got a plug in for just about every browser, and it quietly sits in the background and just works.

I also feel good about rating sites I use and trust, and if I find a site that might have broken that trust, I rate it accordingly.

I've recently started using it to flag the unethical status of some magic revelation sites. Unethical is one of the flags available in Web of Trust, which certainly seems appropriate. Some of these sites are making available to anybody MATERIAL WHICH I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR. People shouldn't just be able to download it for free. For example, today I was searching for a list of the various changes available on Richard Sanders Extreme Burn 2.0. I own the product, but I wanted a list of titles available. A Google Search revealed the whole darned disk available, so I marked the jerk's website accordingly.

That little blot on their record won't stop them, of course. But it makes me feel a little better.
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Maybe you are genuine and just misguided. You've just posted a link on a magic forum to a site that gives away stolen magic. Youve done it in a round a about way but the end result is the same. Way to go to combat piracy. Think!! Use your brain!! It's the thing rattling around between your ears when you shake your head! What do you think is going to happen when certain folks follow your link? Duh?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
For the record, what was the search term you used that brought that site up 'accidentaly'. I paid for extreme burn and when I put it into google, nowhere does that site come up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Using WOT ("Web of Trust") to weed out unethical (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL