The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tell your kids not to eat hotdogs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-06-14 01:45, HerbLarry wrote:
If you tell your kids not to eat hotdogs would it be a reasonable thing to explain, perhaps even show them what a hotdog is? Perhaps they saw the buns could they eat them? Maybe just the wiener but not both together? Or dry would be OK but with mustard an absolute no? What say you?

Make them watch the classic movie Prime Cut:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069121/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 12:47, balducci wrote:
Quote:
If you tell your kids not to eat hotdogs would it be a reasonable thing to explain, perhaps even show them what a hotdog is? Perhaps they saw the buns could they eat them? Maybe just the wiener but not both together? Or dry would be OK but with mustard an absolute no? What say you?

Balducci, do you recognize the scenery in the movie?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I clicked on the original poster's profile and noticed that it is "currently unavailable." Looks like HerbLarry, along with all of his "I'm glad this thread is not political" posts, has been deleted.

Fearful of the same fate, I shall no longer engage in political commentary on these boards.

Is there something else we can fight about?

Bob
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Hes been given the hammer? I wonder by whom
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-06-17 13:24, mastermindreader wrote:
Fearful of the same fate, I shall no longer engage in political commentary on these boards.

Bob

I shall do as I have done in the past. Be political, but try really hard to be decent about it.

John
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Goodbye, Hot Dog thread.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Hot dogs are nothing to twitter about.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm glad this thread isn't political!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Wheat or cotton for the bun?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 13:20, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 12:47, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Balducci, do you recognize the scenery in the movie?

John

At the time I watched it I did not, but I was made aware of the filming locations in Alberta since then.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

It seems to me that the original post had nothing whatsoever to do with hotdogs. I think he was making a veiled commentary about Café rules.

Good thoughts,

Bob
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
All's I know is you don't put ketchup on a hot dog. I'm okay with that. Makes sense to me. The article lists several reasons why ketchup is a no-no.

Mustard, though, absotootinlutely a hot dog needs mustard.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Well sure, Bob. But I aint gonna avoid sandcastles either.

John
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Good point, Magnus. I just got the impression that many here missed what those posts were about.

Good thoughts,

Bob
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
I clicked on the original poster's profile and noticed that it is "currently unavailable." Looks like HerbLarry, along with all of his "I'm glad this thread is not political" posts, has been deleted.

He's not the only one, apparently. Someone else has notably been absent recently, with an unavailable profile (exercise for the reader to determine who). I was gone from the Café for 5 days or so over the last week and a bit while at a business meeting. What crazy stuff did I miss over here, I am left to wonder.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I can't believe this thread is still alive. My precognitive powers must be in a funk at the moment.
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Too much nyan.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 16:16, balducci wrote:
Quote:

He's not the only one, apparently. Someone else has notably been absent recently, with an unavailable profile (exercise for the reader to determine who). I was gone from the Café for 5 days or so over the last week and a bit while at a business meeting. What crazy stuff did I miss over here, I am left to wonder.

For Cryptic Clue fans:
Café member goes AWOL and hides away. (6)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:

Is there something else we can fight about?

Bob

Engaging in political commentary seems to correlate extremely weakly with getting banned. Going apopleptic and spamming the board like a child when you get the occasional "Hey, we deleted your thread" slap on the wrist...that's another story.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tell your kids not to eat hotdogs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL