The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2003 entrée: Michael Rubinstein » » what's old is new » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I love that every so often, someone does research, pulls some old move out of a long forgotten journal, applies it in a new way, and all of a sudden, it makes the rounds as a "new"item. I like it because 1: someone is doing research, which means they are striving to become more knowledgable, 2: someone has found a way to bridge the past with the present, and 3: someone has found a way to apply an old item in a new way (I guess that's kind of like the second one!). What I don't like is that it happens too infequently. We should all be looking through old notes, books and magazines, searching for that nugget that might have been buried. Here's one for you, that I bet no one has looked at in years. Go to Apocalypse and search out Carl Mellish. Find his coin effect. I won't tell you where, or the title, that would be too easy. Let me know if you find it, and know how it works for you. And if along the way you find some other long forgotten gem, please share it here!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
Michael,

Thanks for the 'lead' relating to the coin item contributed by Carl Mellish to "Apocalypse". It's an interesting idea that's worth exploring and playing with. As an added bonus, in the same issue there's an effect by Bob Farmer that's been added to my list of items to explore and develop.
"One arrow. One life."
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Way to go Bob! You go, guy! That mag had a TON of great material. I hope others will follow your lead, and research. Here's another gem for you to discover. Harvery Rosenthal had a great move in Epilogue where 4 coins can be shown on the palm (not in classic palm position). As you put them into your other hand, though, one coin automatically goes into classic palm. Its a great move, hope you find it!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Last day, so I'll tell you that Carl's move is called The Three O'Clock Nip. If you like the new/old grips, you'll LOVE this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2003 entrée: Michael Rubinstein » » what's old is new » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL