The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » At Horrorfindweekend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Quote:
On 2003-08-02 14:15, Rick Maue wrote:
But speaking of seances, I have just agreed to give a special lecture on seance work at the HorrorFind convention in Baltimore on Saturday night, August 16th.

The lecture will be a special late night event, starting at 11:00pm and running for about two hours.

I will not be teaching any routines (due to the fact this is not a gathering of magicians), but I will be talking about the numerous seances that I have created/produced, and also many points on how to put together your own performances.

For those that might be interested, check out the HorrorFind website for details about the convention:
http://www.horrorfindweekend.com/index.html

Just wanted to say I attended Rick's lecture and have to tell you, two hours never went by so fast! For those who have not had the privilege to hear Rick speak, dynamic is the word one would use. As he said in the above quote, the lecture was not for magicians, but for people who run theatrical haunted houses. He still exhibited two effects and with Allen Eirush of "Grisley Gothic Gables" haunted house, gave ideas and theory for theatrical seances.

Rick is one of the most approachable people you'll ever meet. Even though the lecture ended at 1:00 in the morning, he still was generous with his time and discussed with me at length some of the things he had lectured about. He even showed me personally another effect that illustrated one of his points. I want to thank him for that, and wish him and his family continued success and health.

If you haven't gotten "Haunted Magic" and/or the videos that are shown on Rick's website, I recommend them unconditionally!

Dave
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

Thanks for the very nice words Dave. I really enjoyed talking with you (and it was great to have another magician in the room that knew what I was talking about.) The weekend was very interesting, and it was great fun to have the chance to do a presentation that differs so much from my current lecture.

I have some offers to present a more detailed "how-to" seance lecture for magicians, so that is in the works for the relatively near future. But at this time, I am still in the middle of my current lecture tour.

In fact, I am heading West very soon, so look for me in Vegas, LA, Scottsdale, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc...

Then I head South into Florida, and up the East Coast for a few lectures. After that, I am home for the rest of the year, which will make my doctors really happy.

I hope to see some of you along the way in September and October.

And in case anyone is interested, I will be doing a joint lecture tour with my friend Ian Rowland in April. If you are interested in having us come to your city, give me a yell at my new e-mail address, which is

magic@deceptionsunlimited.com

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Deceptions Unlimited
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
Any plans for texas?
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

Sorry to say that Texas is not on my lecture schedule at this time. Maybe I can work it in sometime in early 2004. Thanks for your interest, and hopefully I will be able to visit your area soon.

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Deceptions Unlimited

cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
When will you be in Florida!

- Rob
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings Rob,

I will be lecturing for the Tampa Bay Magic Club in Largo, FL on October 14th. Then I head back up the East Coast for a couple of stops.

Also, for my trip to the West Coast, and my trip into Florida (and back up the coast), I will have a great "opening act" for my lectures. Award-winning magician Francis Menotti will be along to present a small portion of his new lecture, "The Creativity Show".

We hope to see some of you along the way.

Keep the change,
Rick

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » At Horrorfindweekend (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL