The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jason Palter's - Psionic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I have a question for folks who own both Psionic and ATHOS.

I have been using ATHOS for quite some time.
Do you think I have any merits to purchase the Psionic?
I know the presentations are different, but in terms of PROP-WISE,
like, the prop is easier to handle, smaller, gives clearer impression, etc.?

Thanks much in advance.

Rock
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Took this out at a wedding reception yesterday and I was gobsmacked by the reactions I got from some of the younger guests. I just wish I had it on video. Based on those reactions I shall certainly be using this again. I was never too confident with 3rd degree burn but this is a breeze to perform and takes up minimal pocket space. Its a keeper for me.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hi Martin Waring:

Thank you so much for that review of my "Psionic"! I hope that you do get the reactions next time on video; I'm sure we'd all love to see it.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you again for your business!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
As I have said before, Psionic is a fantastic device!!! The reactions are super.

For those who own Craig Filicetti's Multidimensional (with the ESP cube) and wish to use the extra infinity symbol, the existing gimmick can be modified as their is a single area available for that extra symbol.

Jon Talbot I believe suggested using a dremel tool to make the required modification, and attached is the resulting symbol on my thumb. I had my always amazingly handy friend Roland make this for me yesterday, so I can't tell you the specifics but for those who own this it should not be too difficult to add the infinity.

Combining Psionic with MD is very powerful - especially as a kicker at the end.

Great product Smile

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Looks great Brett, glad the idea worked for you thanks for sharing. I agree this is a great device and one that delivers suprising reactions.

John
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 15:31, J M Talbot wrote:
Looks great Brett, glad the idea worked for you thanks for sharing. I agree this is a great device and one that delivers suprising reactions.

John

John-

I wanted to also share with others (including you) that for those who Multidimensional (MD) and want to combine with Psionic there should be an easier solution

Most awards and trophy stores have the precise equipment designed to create an infinity symbol on the gimmick with ease.

Check that idea out if you like - just returning the favor Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I just received bot Athos and Psionic. As far as similarities goes both gimmicks can create a blister like impression of ESP symbols. Athos has the addition of numbers 1 to 5. Also Athos is a totally different effect. It goes much deeper and in my opinion has more mystery to it. Athos has some excellent stage effects (chairs and Russian roulette) as well as a bank night effect.(numbers)
For a quickie "third eye" presentation the both work well. Psionic is much smaller and can fir on a key chain for portability. Athos is made of metal, Psionic is plastic. I think Athos has a crisper blister.
Haven't performed either yet. I will try both on my wife.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
453rob,

Thanks for your post. This is an old thread, but I am stumbling on this now. I have decided to get psionic because I don't have any desire for the numbers, and the smaller device is appealing to me. Too bad Psionic isn't metal. Hopefully it is made to last a long time. I would like to keep it on my keychain.

I look forward to getting it.

KJ
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I used to have psionic (before I lost it...clumsy me) but the apparatus was very well made even though it was plastic. Very solid.

Sleepy
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks, Sleepy.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Psionic has been on my keychain for months with no problems whatsoever. I couple that with Mental Voyage's travel ESP deck in my wallet as part of my EDC. It never fails to get a great reaction.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this today and I am very pleased with the gimmick. I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but coming up with a routine is not a problem. I am really happy with the gimmick.

I see that some have said they lost their gimmick. I removed the small chain and put the gimmick directly on my key rings, so there is no way it can fall off the chain. The type of chain it comes with is notorious for coming apart. There is about a zero percent chance of it getting lost with it being directly on my key ring.

KJ
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I have trouble memorizing the orientation and process. These comments are inspiring me to practice again.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, DynaMix wrote:
I have trouble memorizing the orientation and process. These comments are inspiring me to practice again.

It is very easy. Feel for the chain and the symbols are in ascending order: circle is one continuous line, cross is 2 lines, waves are 3 lines, square is 4 lines, star is 5 lines.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just received this and have no way to watch the dvd as I don’t have access to a DVD player. Can anyone help? Thank you.
devaind
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of devaind
This thread reminded of the effect It was in my drawer for a very long time need to take it out when things get to near normal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jason Palter's - Psionic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL