The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Need Some Advice! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Im starting to put things together to get myself out there to begin doing Trade, walkaround and close-up. I have had this buisness card for a while but am not sure if its what I should be using to promote myself... What do you guys think? Also try to look at it as a NON-magician.

EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Profile of EliTheIllusionist
I think it's "neat" and creative. However, the word 'magician' should be a different size and/or font style. That center part just does not flow. Is there anything on the back?

A lot of people have no idea what a Oiuja board is. They might get confused by the Yes, No, Goodbye on your card. It just does not flow too well. But that's just how a standard Ouija board is designed.

-E
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
It's cute but it says nothing.

I am no expert, but looking at it as a layperson I'd want to know who you are and what you do. Think of it as a mini-brochure. A photo? Website?
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Holy crap. I completely overlooked that. Yes! Where's the web site???

-E
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeah ive been getting that Vibe lately also. Just don't know where to go from here. I don't want anything Flashy with bright colors since I'm not really planning on going for kids but more adult just not sure what to do... Im open for more ideas, maybe even examples... TRUST me in no way to steal but to get the juices flowing. WHen I come up with something I plan on putting it up here to show but need to get the ball rolling.
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

There are so good examples on the Business Card and Calling Card thread
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=44&48
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmmm a lot of nice stuff on there. OK how about incorporating something like this? into it. I only one one sided gloss back cant have a slight color but I want to be able to Use the back for effects..

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am thinking about using a QR code on my card, any comments on the technology?

It takes away the problem of typing in a long URL printed in 8 point type on your card

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2011-07-03 10:41, Howie Diddot wrote:

It takes away the problem of typing in a long URL printed in 8 point type on your card

I don't think a QR code should replace your URL for many reasons. First, not everyone knows what it is. Even if they do, they may not know how to use it. We may be an advanced culture but not everyone is aware of all of the new and upcoming things. Second, if they are in a position to want to get a hold of you then they may not necessarily have their smart phone with them. If you didn't include your URL then they do not know your website. If you are not visible to google, then you're screwed.

The reason I think it might be good to include BOTH is because QR codes are kind of a unique novelty. People like using their phones and realistically it may be the single motivation for actually visiting your website instead of just throwing the card into the drawer and forgetting about it.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
There are soooo many great ways to use QR Codes (as well as so many other ideas, tools and solutions) in your “over-all marketing mix”. -- I agree that ‘one strategy’ necessarily should NOT simply replace another as there is no one magic bullet marketing, behavior or belief system or strategy that ALONE will make success occur.

Oh sure, ACTION in applying a sensible over-all marketing, business and success action plan that may (or may not… different for each) include thoughtful, benefit oriented QR Code application to your over-all mix in your business and success may get you closer to where you want to be.

Just my two cents worth.

Hope this serves you well… as I know it will!

I am at Your Service and In HIS Service,
Deano (Helping You Succeed) in Reno
<><

PS
Like I said… regardless of the ‘shinny new marketing’ tool, I would recommend that what ever you choose to do with it and how-ever you choose to apply it that it be to advance the benefit to the solution and RESULTS for the relationships, people and events you aim to serve and support. - - Common sense Yes… common place… not so much.

“Find Your Passion… DO Your Purpose… Make It Profitable! - - Transform Your Dreams Into Dollars Doing What You LOVE! - Delivering Difference-Defining Results In Your Life and The Lives of Others With Proven Systems For Powerful, Profit Producing Success Solutions… Guaranteed!”
http://www.SuccessEminder.com

Celebrate L.O.V.E. & H.O.P.E!
Life Of Vibrant Expression, Helping Other People Everyday!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
Quote:

If someone scans the code to access your website, be sure to have a "mobile phone optimized" version of your website for easy viewing on a smartphone.

-Z
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
I love using QR codes...

they make life easy...

I have one card for testimonials - and many will give you one RIGHT THERE
I have a card for a special offer - that I reserve for people I want to do a gig for NO MATTER WHAT
I have one for trade shows - On the front of my rolling case that sends them an SMS business card

I worked July 3rd at an event with 7500 people... 600 took my MOBILE business card and out of them 428 signed up for my mobile coupon system (tomorrow I am sending out a book aballoon school, get a 2nd entertainer for the same price) (MY WIFE IS A FACE PAINTER)
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 19:18, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
Quote:

I don't think a QR code should replace your URL for many reasons.

I may have not made myself clear, I didn’t intend to remove my URL I just commented it’s easier to scan then type.

My URL describes the type of business I’m in and I don’t think I’ll ever take it off the card

Another trick I do with my card; I have business cards with a twenty five dollar discount and I place a few of the discount cards among my regular cards, When I hand a card out I make a big deal of shuffling though the regular cards to find the discount card to give them while saying “hold on, it’s in here somewhere”; it makes a bigger impact that way.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:

The taking "away the problem of typing a long url" is what made me thing you meant getting rid of the actual URL. You and I are probably on the same page Smile
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
We are on the same page, great minds think alike

It does take away the problem of typing in the URL; some people do not have a code capable phone
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
Another trick I do with my card; I have business cards with a twenty five dollar discount and I place a few of the discount cards among my regular cards, When I hand a card out I make a big deal of shuffling though the regular cards to find the discount card to give them while saying “hold on, it’s in here somewhere”; it makes a bigger impact that way.

Very nice!! May I steal that? 8>)
Ed
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 10:59, Ed_Millis wrote:
Quote:

Very nice!! May I steal that? 8>)
Ed

Written permission bestowed to Ed Millis to utilize discount business card ruse
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Ed
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 15:50, Ed_Millis wrote:
Quote:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Ed

The licenses is valid for the first 20,000 cards handed out or 1 year, whichever comes first; additional licenses for your family distributing your cards are available
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 19:18, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
The reason I think it might be good to include BOTH is because QR codes are kind of a unique novelty. People like using their phones and realistically it may be the single motivation for actually visiting your website instead of just throwing the card into the drawer and forgetting about it.

Nice observation.

I think the place a QR might be best utilized is on a poster or other item that cannot be taken with the prospect. They can scan the code and now it's with them. I also agree it's a "lazy man's" way to assure that the url is not misspelled. But aside from all that, the real website name should not be left off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Need Some Advice! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL