The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Royal Road To Card Magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rampage
View Profile
New user
Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Rampage
I like the one with Paul Wilson the best.
JayB80
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of JayB80
I would have to say that the Paul Wilson Dvd set is excellent. I have it and also the book. Combined they are a perfect combination for a guy/girl starting out in card magic.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Another vote for Wilson's. He's got chops, he fixes a few problems, and even has a couple of excellent routines that aren't in the books. The "Pass At Red" trick also addresses a deficit in most card magic resources -- a routine where the pass is the only reasonable methodological option.

The only thing I wish the set had was performances from all the tricks in the Stage Magic section. I would have loved to see The Egyptian Pocket performed live.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
Does Wilson cover the entire book, or just some of it?
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
A combo of the book an dthe Wilson RRTCM DVD set is a great place to start. I have Never seen the other DVD set but haven't heard good reviews.

-Robert
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
There is a Wilson set offered here for $40:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=77
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
Pzak97
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pzak97
M.ruetz - I am looking at ebay for the set, but I would rather do business with a MC member. Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to view that area. If it is not breaking the rules, can you point me to someone I could PM about this?
Regards,

Mike Petryszak
wwdbd
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of wwdbd
I have both and Wilson is much better from an education perspective. Spends much more time on each section henace the 4 dvd vs 5 dvd set.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Quote:
On 2012-10-17 15:41, Pzak97 wrote:
M.ruetz - I am looking at ebay for the set, but I would rather do business with a MC member. Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to view that area. If it is not breaking the rules, can you point me to someone I could PM about this?

Just write 11 more posts! Contribute a little bit more and you could definitely save some money in the long run.
Ikswonilak
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Ikswonilak
I've been going through RRTCM chapter by chapter as almost a practiced discipline to learn/re-learn the basics. I enjoy the structure of going through page by page and seem to get more out of a book than DVDs. However, I'm intrigued by the discussion and the recommendation for the Wilson DVD accompaniment and may have to check it out after finishing the book. I've got a few (okay dozens) of books to go through after this, but thought this disciplined approach would do me good as I develop my magic (and card magic in particular) even more. It's certainly a welcome way to wind down after a hectic day at work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Royal Road To Card Magic... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL