The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Judy sturgeon / turks wife (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
So Sorry to hear this. I wish you the strength to handle this.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Mike , I am sorry for your loss.
You made sure Judy was comfortable and her pain managed by providing Judy with Hospice.
God Bless You and Comfort You
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mike, I'm really sorry I missed this thread in time to give you a boost rather than condolences. But may the love you feel from your brethren here at the Café (and elsewhere) give you a bit of comfort in your time of grief.

Jeff
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'm so sorry Mike. I will be praying for you.

Regan
Mister Mystery
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Mike.... please accept my condolences for your great loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Rich
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mike
I'm a little late, but you have my sincere condolences. Loosing your best friend is especially hard.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for all the encouragement and support.

I have good days and bad days. Mostly good days but sometimes,...WHAM! Right out of the blue, a bad day (or moment) sneaks up on me and messes with me. A number of local Portland magicians have taken me under their wings and they provide me lots of support (and distraction). And, I have a number of magicians (like you guys) providing me online support.

So again, thanks again for all the words of encouragement and support. I am truly lucky and blessed to have magic and such good and caring "magic friends" to fall back on and to help keep me occupied and engaged.

Best,

Mike

P.S. Other than missing the companionship and support that I unequivocally and unreservedly received from Judy, you know what one of the hardest things is that I am encountering and having to cope with?

It is re-learning how to cook for one person and also not becoming sad or melancholy every time I begin to cook one of our favorite meals. I know that I eventually have to confront these feelings but, for now, I'm trying to avoid these "familiars" by eating different foods. Funny isn't it? Such a small thing. And yet....

Tomorrow, I'm intending to take what for me seems to be a big step of cooking what was one of our absolute favorite meals (i.e., a batch of Beef Stroganoff) and then inviting my son and my granddaughter over for dinner. In reality, I know that this cooking project is just a small baby step and is inconsequential in the greater scheme of things. But, right now, as I contemplate the endeavor, it seems huge and almost insurmountable. But, I've gotta push on....
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Push on, Mike. Push on.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Mike Im really sorry for your loss. Judy sounded like a great person. We are all here for you.

Pete
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 13:15, Turk wrote:
Thanks for all the encouragement and support......

And let us ( me ) know if there is ANYTHING we can do.

We would.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Judy sturgeon / turks wife (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL