The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best Vanishing Knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Bob Sanders and I were talking the other day and he urged me to work on the Knots Off Silk, one handed. Geez. Ok, what is YOUR favorite method of tying a vanishing knot for this effect? A link to a video is always helpful for knot instructions.
Autumn
PS: You should see the 'Knots Off Silk' that Bob Sells. Oh, SO FINE!!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The best one I ever seen was P&A Knots off Silk knot. It is so simple and looks just like a knot was tied. Sorry, no video.

The second is Laflin's, see their DVD on the trick

The secret is good acting and actions when doing it the classic way of tying a fake knot.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Here is a video clip of John Blake doing it (simple and to the point):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZxLWruEa0k

I always liked Pavel's approach as well as that of Petrick and Mia.

And, yes, Autumn: Bob's Knots off Silks is quality stuff. I most definitely concur.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Confession time: Pavel taught me.

I will miss my old friend.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

Thanks, Hegblini! I agree. A magician can tie any number of vanishing knots, but if one cannot act, one cannot convince! That is exactly why I took many hours of acting in college and practice regularly to hone my art.

Jimmy, I saw John Blake's video. The knot looks wonderful. I saw Petrik and Mia do their version in a lecture years ago.

Bob, you were blessed to have Pavel as a teacher and friend. We will all miss him. Bob, I may have to corner you and get you to pass on that tradition to a magician who looks so much better in high heels than you! Smile
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
That's awfully presumptuous of you, Autumn. Have you ever seen Bob in high heels? Hubba-hubba.... Or since it's Bob, shall I say hubba-bubba? Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
1378 Posts

I have a pair of silver size 11's with his name on them if you can get him to try them on! Ah, we digress...
Doug Henning
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best Vanishing Knot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL