The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The Man With the Million Dollar Hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil Pearce
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, GA
260 Posts

Profile of Phil Pearce
Who hung this moniker on Frank Garcia? It must have been in the early Sixties, I think, but I'm not having a lot of luck tracking down when it was first used to describe him.
Any help?

Thanks!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
He attached it to himself. I don't know whether he actually insured his hands for a million dollars; however, he got the idea from Betty Grable. The movie studio Betty worked for insured her legs for $1,000,000 with Lloyd's of London.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Betty Grable's legs were *worth* a million dollars. Va va voom! 23 Skiddoo! I love my wife but OH YOU KID!!!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
And that was back in the day when a million bucks was a million bucks!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Many years ago at a convention Frank asked me to help him in the dealers room early before it opened for business. Goshman was in there and said
"Hey Frank, how would you like to wrap those million dollar hands around a ten dollar *****?" The whole room busted out. Dan Garrett was almost
crying.
Phil Pearce
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, GA
260 Posts

Profile of Phil Pearce
Thanks Bill. I had a suspicion that he kind of invented that in order to self promote. And it worked, although he certainly didn't need any more promotion. His magic was almost as good as his personality and demeanor, from what little I've seen. Whenever I read the phrase "with a twinkle in his eye", I think of Mr. Garcia. Would have loved to sit down with him over a couple of cold beers and chat.
And you're right, fools, Betty Grables legs WERE worth a million bucks.
Tom, that's a funny story, and an even better visual!
Thanks to all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » The Man With the Million Dollar Hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL