The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » The Wizard Product Review 61, Tool, Daniel Cross Set, Four Told, A New World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
These days I usually rip DVD's to my hard drive and then use Video Re-Do to watch them. Video Re-Do is a video editing program but it let's you use a slider to move to any point in a video easily.

I never found DVD navigation to be pleasant. First you have to wait for the DVD to be recognized. Then you watch the mandatory warnings that you can't skip. Then you deal with the menu which features some "wonderful" graphics that the editor is sure you are in awe of while listening to someone elses taste in music.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 17:59, prestopresto wrote:
These days I usually rip DVD's to my hard drive and then use Video Re-Do to watch them. Video Re-Do is a video editing program but it let's you use a slider to move to any point in a video easily.

I never found DVD navigation to be pleasant. First you have to wait for the DVD to be recognized. Then you watch the mandatory warnings that you can't skip. Then you deal with the menu which features some "wonderful" graphics that the editor is sure you are in awe of while listening to someone elses taste in music.

I don't know, but I've never found it to be a problem. Pop it in, wait a few seconds, there is the menu (hopefully) and you watch it. I'm certainly not going to take up room on my hard drive and use some program to simply watch a DVD! Have people actually come to the point that they can't wait 10 seconds to watch a freaking DVD! Also, how much time are you wasting to rip a DVD when you could very easily watch it instantly! I guess I'm just getting old and I can't seem to understand this need for instant everything. Then again, to me a cell phone is simply that.....a phone and nothing more, nor do I wish it to be anything more than that. Sorry for the rantings of a 64 year old fool. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
I feel the same way Gaffed and I'm only 26!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Here is my boring life...
I work out. Not aggressively...at home...and just hard enough so I look forward to it. I have a TV in front of me, and, I plop in a magic DVD. Go ahead, mock me. But if you're nominally interested in staying in shape, and love magic, this is a golden idea. Go ahead...discuss.

Now, consider this. The best DVDs have the "play all" feature. (Which BTW, there is NO excuse for not including this feature in a magic DVD, EVER...it costs nothing, don't get me started, and yes, I digress). So, I press "play all" and work out while learning at the same time. I feel good about my body, and, more importantly, I feel good about my magic...discuss.

And then comes f'in "Tool." Yes. I really love the effect. I do. The quality of the effect, AND the props are worth the investment. Which is why I am so frickin' ****ed about the lazy, lackluster, "I don't give a crap about what my customers think...it's just a DVD" attitude that was taken with this elementary school DVD. It's like they suddenly shifted into "sleep" mode when the DVD was in production. This effect deserves better. And I deserve better God da**it. How can I possibly get a good workout in, when I keep losing track of my reps because I have to figure out a bad nav system? Yeah. You heard me. It is ALL ABOUT ME. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 21:08, wpt1031 wrote:
I feel the same way Gaffed and I'm only 26!

Thank you, you just redeemed some of my hope in younger people and their overly insane, obsessive and compulsive need for the latest and fastest technology. Now, where the hell is my iPad? Only joking, as I don't even know what an iPad is and I think I'll survive just fine without one. My God, how did we ever survive all of these years? Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
TheGreatSebastiano
View Profile
New user
Blighty
4 Posts

Profile of TheGreatSebastiano
Yay. Literally _some_ people want to buy The Book of Magic ********! Time to buy a Bentley on tick..!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 16:19, TheGreatSebastiano wrote:
Yay. Literally _some_ people want to buy The Book of Magic ********! Time to buy a Bentley on tick..!

Where can we purchase the book?
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 19:49, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 16:19, TheGreatSebastiano wrote:

Where can we purchase the book?

Was it reviewed?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » The Wizard Product Review 61, Tool, Daniel Cross Set, Four Told, A New World (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL