The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Suicide king (as murder victim) effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I am hoping to find out where this effect is published. I know I've read it in a book / lecture note / magazine in my library, but now I cannot find it. I think someone might have included this in a recent set of lecture notes, because I think I saw it performed live at a lecture within the last 2 or 3 years. I think by a relatively young but experienced performer, like Kostya Kimlat, Lee Asher, Jason England, etc.

As I recall, it is a self working effect. I think it is mostly a story, about how the suicide king is not really a suicide but rather a murder victim. Through some process of elimination, the murderer is revealed to be one of the other cards. I forget how this is done, but I think the playing card face designs come into it somehow.

Any help?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
That is a Kimlat effect and was published in Genii...or Magic magazine.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Thanks.

I found it in Magic, October 2009.

Kostya Kimlat - A Curious Case of Murder, in the Talk About Tricks column.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Suicide king (as murder victim) effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL