The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Changing email (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
I have been trying to change my email, until recently I used Juno, but want to close down that account, Apparently mail and yahoo are blocked, I don't want to use my cable account as I never use it and will likely move in the next few months. I am unable to find anything that states whether certain email providers are not allowed. Please advise,

Thanks,

Jordan
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This has been questioned many times and there are posts scattered throughout the tech and manager forums as well as this brief statement from the Announcements forum.

All free servers such as yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc are blocked by the Café.
Where the magic begins
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Thanks, Seems like it should be posted in the FAQ's regarding registration. As the search functions here are minimal at best scattered information is difficult to find.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
How about the magic Café offering its members their own magiccafe email address (eg: johnny74@magiccafe.com)? I belong to another non-magic forum/website run by a private individual for fans of a specific Disney attraction, and they've had free email service since 1997 using that website's domain name after the @ symbol. Just an idea.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Now that sounds reasonable.
Magic is a vanishing art.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
It seems to me that a MagicCafe e-mail wouldn't really address the security concerns that forced the blocking of those free sites in the first place. There would still need to be verification, and that could be more trouble than it was worth on a free site, particularly when some folks sign up then never come back.

A more practical solution might be for all of us “professional types” to have our own websites and set up an e-mail account out of them. That automatically provides a verifiable identity, which can be checked (or not) as needed. Abusers could still be blocked.

Domains are cheap and hosting (depending on bandwidth used) is easily within most budgets, far less expensive than what my ISP (Comcast) is charging right now for a simple internet connection.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Nearly every ISP anyone uses to log on to the internet provides an email account upon signing up. (mine provides FIVE, plenty for the entire family plus a few "throwaway" addresses)

Like it or not, if you use that one you won't be blocked.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Changing email (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL