The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » What magic do you carry, while doing balloons? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Hey guys,

I have recently decided to start carrying magic on me for those tables that are "good on balloons today" or that "got balloons last time" or for tables that I really like.

I'm working on a sponge routine, but am looking for some other ideas. What kind of things do you guys carry with you?

Thanks,

Alex
Weird is part of the job.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
The nice thing about sponge that you don't need to learn new techniques to create a new effect.

I sell My Bunny Daryl and twinkle... twinkle, Though I don't carry more than one sponge item at a time it is nice to be able to vary your stuff.

Ninja rings Shoot Ogawa, Nut & Bolt opener Doc Eason, professor's nightmare are all crowd pleasers. Play big yet are compact.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
Unfortunately now hard to come by, Creative Magic's Flash Cards are awesome. I'm doing card tricks for 4 yr. olds, and they get it now! Another good one is D'lite. I pull lights out of the kids' ears a few times, then change the red light into a hanky and then go into that routine.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
I carry two decks, a regular Bike Deck and CM's Flash Cards mentioned above. Sponge balls. TT. 2 Card Monte. I don't usually worry about magic while doing balloons. I do very often have my entire magic show in the car waiting though.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
I carry balloons, and do balloon magic!
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Effects that are insta-reset are good for putting in your pockets. Aside from what's been mentioned, hot rod effects are good and rubber bands can be carried around your wrist. Are there crayons on the table? Learn some crayon magic. Using balloon scraps you can work up a magicians force routine using the different colors. I don't do card tricks but I carry around an invisible deck for when the mood strikes me.

And don't forget to remember your squeaker!
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I keep an Invisible Deck in my shirt pocket and get the parents to do this pretend pick of the card.

Doing the magic for the parents gets a laugh from the whole family. Plus, the parents already know I'm good with kids (from the balloons). The Invisible Deck gets bigger tips and more interest in my birthday parties.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Thanks for all the suggestions! this gave me some great ideas.

Alex
Weird is part of the job.
windrunner
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of windrunner
When I am table hopping, I carry my balloons in a soft-side tool bag that looks a little like a doctors bag with pouches on the out side. I carry a large verity of tricks. I carry a deck of cards, Chop cup, 3 packet card tricks, Sponge balls, Hopping Half, Color changing knives, color changing silks, 3 thumb tips plus a lot more. I also change out tricks about every month. I want to be known as the magician as does balloons not the balloon guy that does tricks.
Bryan Blankenship
"the alter ego of"
VanDoren the Magician
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Tomorrow night I'm booked for 3 hours of walk-around magic and balloons for a grand opening. In my experience, once the balloons come out they are hard to put away. I'll let you know what I decided to bring after the gig.
Jeff Wright
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The obvious magic to do is the balloon swallow.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
I carry mouth coils and use them with balloons. Get the very colorful coils and the possibilities are endless.
Life of Magic!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Elastic bands arouind the wrists with the Stargazer bands, great impromtu magic far all ages.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
I pretty much stuck to a regular deck, an invisible deck, and sponge balls tonight. Like I mentioned above, once the balloons come out, it's hard to put them away.
Jeff Wright
rjones683
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of rjones683
I just recently purchased the non-toxic product from Bizzaro. I use it to produce a white balloon. If you search You-Tube for Non-Toxic by Bizzaro you can see a demo of the product. Reall funny to put glue in your hand and pull out a balloon. They do not think it is reall till you inflate it. Jaws drop on this one.
Regards,
R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » What magic do you carry, while doing balloons? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL