The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2011 entrée: Tom Gagnon » » Creative Process ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Hello Tom,
Although didn't receive your book yet, I don't need to read it to know that you come up with the most off-beat sleights I've encountered. Is there any creative process you like to fallow? How can a cardman design efficient sleights?

Actually, this even another question: What's a good sleight?

Lots of question, it's an honour >_<

Regards,
Feras
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
275 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
Hi Fera,

For me, the creative process begins with a germ—a simple idea—and then it processes from there. When I am working on creating a new sleight I let my curiosity do the walking. That is to say, nothing is off limits. Generally, while working out a new sleight, I like to just fiddle—all the while letting my imagination flow. I hope that makes sense. There’s no special brew for creating a sleight—at least not for me. It’s nothing more than good old fashion sweat, trial and error.

Re what is a good sleight? Obviously, a good sleight is one that can’t be perceived by the human eye. My preference is to create sleights that occur while performing a natural action, i.e., ribbon spreading a deck of cards on the table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2011 entrée: Tom Gagnon » » Creative Process ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL