The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Halloween Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I am currently working on booking Halloween shows for this upcoming season. I was wondering what markets performers have had success marketing in. Two groups I am specifically targeting are schools and fire halls. I would greatly appreciate to know if anyone has had success in these markets, and any other markets that provide Halloween gigs. Any input would be great.

Danny
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I have found that an "entertainment" show (versus a "program" type show) becomes VERY date specific ie. Halloween is on Monday this year, so most folks will want you on that date. They may go for the Friday before, but not much further ahead. Now I am talking about elementary schools here in this case. Also, they seem to want to book at the last minute ie. that week! I still do a little marketing to that group for Christmas, and Halloween, but it is amongst the other programs/activities that I offer to schools. I no longer do seperate campaigns for Halloween and Christmas to the elementary schools.

In the case of firehalls (which I don't do)they would probably prefer to stay away from the Halloween weekend, too much other stuff going on. And that is the suggestion I would even make to them, families are busy decorating where they live, getting the costumes ready etc. but the weekend or two before, and some of the evenings would seem good. I am assuming that these shows are not strictly limited to the firehall folks and their families, but are more open to the community events.

Best of luck.

Blair
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Charlie,

Many churches do Fall Festivals, Trunk or Treat, or similar events.

Often these will be on the weekend before when Halloween falls on a Monday like this year.

You might be able to book Friday-Monday with several different churches.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Shopping malls. I have a very lucrative Halloween thanks to them...

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Glad to hear the malls are still booking out West David. It's a hard sell here now, at least at reasonable fees. I have done up to 6 week runs at some, working with 2-3 assistants, and the illusions.

Danny, the Fall festival route, may open you up to more potential customeers and subsequent bookings, many towns and cities do these now versus a Halloween event.

B
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Halloween Shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL