The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » What would you do (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I have been asked back for the third year in a row to be a part of an all day outreach event. I got an email yesterday offering me the option of doing magic in between the various acts (from 11-5) or have a 30 minute time slot as usual. I plan to call or email to ask a few questions, it sounds like an mc type of situation. I never did that before but might be a good opportunity. So what should I do? What would you do?
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
GlenD -

Many little segments will mean you will be seen by more people through the day...but this is admittedly a "tougher gig." I say that because doing different things each time means that in some segments it won't be your best stuff probably...and that is what they see if that's all they watch. However, it does push one to make quick mini shows...which can be a lot of fun. MCing is a good talent to have...and you only learn how to do it by doing it.

><> J
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
You make a lot of sense, Kif (as usual). I have an update, they want to do some more inter-active stuff this year with the kids as well as various other kinds of acts that they just sit and watch. I would be doing short routines in between the activities or other acts and also be available for either some strolling stuff during activity time or just to be there to talk to if some of them want to approach and ask me any questions, about the message/gospel or the magic whatever. I am going to try and accommodate them and work out some in between short effects/routines and of course have some close-up things available on my person. They are supposed to email me an itinerary soon, so I can see what is planned and try to tie in with the messages where possible. I am not sure if I will be introducing the other acts or activities or not. It kind of sounded like I would not be doing that. I am fine either way. They indicated that they would like it if I could be available from around 11 am until 3 pm. This seems to be the direction that it will go this year, different but kind of exciting.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » What would you do (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL