The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Review 63: Celebration of sides - Robert Neale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
[Sorry I couldn’t link to the older threads due to search engine problems]

HN Review 63: Celebration of sides – Robert Neale

AD:

"Robert Neale is one of my favorite people to hang out with. Plus, I use one of his creations every day in my show. Years ago my pal Michael Weber introduced me to Robert, and I've been fascinated by him ever since. Here’s your chance to have Michael perform this same introduction; I bet you’ll be as enthralled as I continue to be." - Mac King
"Bob Neale, one of the most creative thinkers on this planet, takes us into an Alice In Wonderland world where impossible things happen and then he teaches us how to do these inexplicable demonstrations...Bravo!" -Barrie Richardson
Celebration of Sides will expose you to many unusual facets of the unique Robert Neale.You'll meet Neale the Topologist, the Artist, the Philosopher and the Trickster as he leads you on a personal tour of his world–a nonsense world that just might distort your perception and alter your view of reality.
Mr. Neale is joined by Michael Weber as they discuss miraculous plots with items like impossible boxes, walls that have invisible holes and multidirectional arrows (objects easily found in any alternative dimension.) Note that there are no cards and no coins, just fresh impossibilities that will confound, enlighten, and delight both you and your audiences.
Included are: Arrow of Good Fortune, (K)not Magic, Whatsabox!, Inside The Beltway, Trapdoor, Borromean Rings, Brick Wall and a special bonus of Robert Neale’s famous Bunny Bill.
Approximate Running Time: 113 Minutes

REVIEW:

Original video from Bob Neale, with the enthusiastic participation of Michael Weber.

You will need to build and bring along your props in Borromean Rings, Whatsabox and Arrow of Good Fortune. The Trapdoor Card and the Bunny Bill are both excellent and impromptu effects (see relevant reviews), but were already published years ago - by Karl Fulves and Jay Marshall respectively.

Inside the Beltway and Knot Magic are lightweight tricks with a borrowed belt and a piece of string (“tying a knot without letting go the end”).

In Brickwall instead, Neale has taken to new heights (pun intended) an old Gardner/Curry idea – a fascinating redistribution of spaces that could be done impromptu with your pre-marked business card.

Overall rating: good

H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Review 63: Celebration of sides - Robert Neale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL