The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Cartes Folles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
'ULTIMATE Cartes folles par Jean Pierre VALLARINO' - does anyone know if this is available anywhere - I'd prefer English translation as my French is poor to say the least. I have searched the net, but with no joy!!
Thanks
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Here is a US seller but you will have to pay extra shipping I suppose. Hopefully someone will post a UK seller.

http://www.artecoproductions.com/ultimat......ino.html
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Maybe here? Ask them if it is the English version.

http://www.magicbox.uk.com/ultimate-wild......ino.html
The Amazing Mr. H
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Mr. H
I recieved mine last month from Arteco Productions. The DVD includes a very good English dub of the explanation. I have been working with this almost everyday since it was recieved. I have the sequences of the moves learned and memorized. But, it has only been over the last few days where my timing has begun to resemble elegance. I'll write about this again in 2021 when my routine looks anything like Jean Pierre's.
"Forget the bomb..."
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Thanks for the help - I was clearly searching for the wrong title.
Shakey
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
I spent almost four months learning this routine from the French (which I don't speak) dvd. I got a copy of the English version (actually English/French) when it came out and from that I learned some of the deeper subtleties. This is an incredibly beautiful routine, visually and conceptually. It's my favorite routine now and it gets an amazing response when I perform it. Highest recommendation!
I'm as real as you think I am
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
I've been considering it for a while now - Alibaba, I'll let you know how it goes
Best - Shakey
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I saw an advertisment of this routine which states that the cards are examinable.
Is that true?

Looking at the video various times, I think I was able to re-contruct all the moves using a Wild Card Set....
... which is not fully examinable ...
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
Shakey, you're going to love it. It's a masterpiece.

And mlippo, no, the cards aren't examinable (unless you put an examinable set in a Himber wallet).

What I love about this one is the sheer visual beauty of a wonder unfolding. Doesn't need a word of explanation. Once the specs realize what's happening, they are amazed, often try to figure it out (they'll say "double-sided cards" but the false counts and turnovers answer that and eventually they just watch wide-eyed). I spent a lot of time trying to make my hands look as cool as Vallarino's and the effort has transferred well to other card work.
I'm as real as you think I am
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Don't get me wrong: Vallarino's handling is pure magic to watch for me. But I would never do it that way for laymen. Tommy Wonder's presentation and handling is far more superior (in MHO at least). I think it is pure genious!

Does anyone know what kind of presentation Vallarino uses or is it just the routine accompanied by silence or music?

Thanks
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:

And mlippo, no, the cards aren't examinable (unless you put an examinable set in a Himber wallet).

That makes more sense to me ...

Thanks
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I feel unrestrainedly inclined to comment. This routine is profoundly beautiful. And absolutely magical.

Although the premise is one of monotony it contains a powerful feeling of progressive amplification. As if it were going somewhere un-foretold yet we knew exactly where it was going.

I found myself spellbound afterwards

I am starving myself of any thoughts until I can come up with some psychological premise for the transformations presented via a script however, metaphorically. I think if this dimension is added this is a historic work on the 'wild card' plot.

I like Tommy Wonders take on the justification in his personal work on the plot however I feel it would be too convoluted if applied to this routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Cartes Folles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL